Sub-Zero ICBBI42S/S/TH Integrated Side by Side Fridge Freezer, Stainless Steel
Product informationPlease note: This product is not available in our shops for viewing.
With its solid stainless steel doors, full length door handles and unmistakable louvered grill, the Sub-Zero ICBBI42S/S/TH is a show-stopping side-by-side refrigeration centrepiece produced for the most demanding of kitchens. This built-in fridge freezer boasts a cavernous 682L interior that allows you to store all your fresh and frozen food in a single unit, with a place for everything, and everything in its place. Sub-Zero’s dual refrigeration system keeps fresh food fresher and preserves frozen food for longer, minimising waste and maximising flavour.
Incorporating technology developed by NASA, Sub-Zero’s microbiological air purification system refreshes and ‘scrubs’ the air in the fridge section every 20 minutes, removing any bacteria, mould and viruses in the process. It’s so efficient, it even removes food odours and the ethylene gas naturally emitted by some foods (such as apples) that causes over-ripening and hastens spoilage and waste.
The unique high humidity, low temperature zone remains two degrees cooler than the air elsewhere - effectively a fridge within a fridge. It creates the perfect conditions for storage of certain foods, particularly helping salad and vegetables stay fresher and crisper for longer. Two additional drawers are on hand, as well as 5 door shelves, 3 of which are adjustable.
The adjustable cantilever glass shelves (there are 3 plus 1 fixed shelf) have a protective rim that prevents leaks and spills saturating the whole refrigerator, keeping cleaning to a minimum.
In the freezer section, there are 3 roll-out drawers, 3 adjustable wire shelves and 5 adjustable door shelves. And let’s not forget the ice maker - an integral water filtration system even removes suspended particles, chemical pollutants, viruses and bacteria from the ice. The ice maker makes between 2.2 and 3.2kg of ice a day, and there’s an option to increase production to maximum for a 24-hour period - useful if you wish to stockpile cubes in advance of a social gathering.
There’s bright interior lighting throughout, including the storage drawer area, and operating your Sub-Zero fridge freezer is a breeze thanks to the illuminated touch control panel.
Rated A for energy, the ICBBI42S/S/TH’s heavy gauge steel doors are magnetically sealed to keep the cold air in and the warm air out. Microprocessors keep the temperature within one degree of its thermostat setting. In fact, the system is so smart, it even adjusts the defrost cycle to match your usage patterns.
Please note: additional non-standard delivery charges may apply after the telephone or site survey - this takes place prior to delivery. Ice maker requires plumbing to mains drinking water supply. Minimum door clearance requirement of 66.8cm.
Finish options are available as built in, flush fit or overlay.
- 24 Hour Freezing Capacity Information How much food can be frozen over 24 hours
- Antibacterial protection Information Special lining which prevents any bacteria growth
- Average annual energy cost Information How much the appliance costs to run a year (with John Lewis assuming 1kwh = 10p inc VAT). Please contact your electricity supplier for the price you would actually pay for a unit of electricity
- H213.4 x W106.7 x D61cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Energy Consumption Per Standard Cycle Information Amount of electricity used. The lower the figure, the less electricity used
- Energy Rating Information Graded on performance, from A+++ to G, with A+++ being the highest rating. Higher ratings mean better energy efficiency
- Freezer Defrost Type Information The method of defrosting this freezer. Options include Automatic systems, Manual systems and Frost Free systems which use dry air to prevent any icy build up.
- Frost Free
- Freezer drawers/shelves
- 3 wire shelves, 3 drawers and 5 door shelves
- Fridge Defrost Type Information The method of defrosting this fridge. Options include Automatic systems, Manual systems and Frost Free systems which use dry air to prevent any icy build up.
- Auto defrost
- Fridge Freezer Split
- Side by side
- Fridge Freezer Type
- Fridge Position
- Right hand side
- Gross volume
- Fridge 455L Freezer 227L
- Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature Information This appliance should always operate in conditions where the temperature remains below this number.
- Minimum Ambient Operating Temperature Information The coolest temperature in which this appliance can operate. Appliances with a minimum operating temperature of 10°C or higher are not to be used in outdoors. Some appliances can withstand cooler conditions making them ideal for use in garages and sheds.
- Model name / number
- Net storage (freezer) Information Usable freezer volume
- Net storage (fridge) Information Usable fridge volume
- Number of Fridge Shelves
- 5 (4 adjustable, 1 fixed)
- Online Exclusive
- Reversible door Information Can be reversed by yourself after delivery, or -selected appliances only - by John Lewis (charge applies)
- Safety glass shelves Information Easy to clean and an anti-spillage rim
- Star rating of freezer compartment Information From 1 - 4 stars, with 3 keeping food the longest, a 4th star denoting fast freeze capability
- 4 star
- Temperature display
- Temperature warning light Information Warns you if the internal temperature is too high
- Delivery in 6 weeks from our supplier
International delivery not available
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.