Sylvanian Panda Family
Grab yourself this adorable panda family, who consist of:
- Bertram Bamboo, who writes important books about the history and founders of Sylvania and locks himself away in his paper strewn study for hours on end.
- Alexandra Bamboo, who likes helping everyone and does lots of charity work raising money for good causes and important projects.
- Kane Bamboo, who plans to follow in his father's footsteps and become a writer.
- Clarice Bamboo, who absolutely adores horses and spends all her time at the stables looking after them. One day she hopes to be a famous rider and show jumper.
- Sylvanian Families
- Doll Type
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Suitable From
- 4 years
- Toy Character
- Sylvanian Families
- Not suitable for children under 4 years.
All characters are grouped into families, with the company starting out with woodland creatures, before expanding into more domestic animals such as cats and dogs, as well as obscure ones such as penguins and meerkats.
Their world is set in the 1970s era, with most families being of a rural lower-middle class. Many inhabitants own successful family businesses or have professions such as teachers and doctors.
They started production in 1985 and were released in Japan and North America only. However, by 1987, their success ensured them to travel overseas to Western Europe. By 1988 they were a runaway success, even having their own animated TV show.
The range did experience a slight dip in popularity come the end of the 1990s, being discontinued in the UK. But it was soon revived by Flair and in 2007, they celebrated their 20th anniversary with a bang.
Click & collectFree Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
261 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery.
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the products to us or to one of our shops. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail (or courier collection for large or heavy items), Collect+ or via MyHermes.
Q & As
£3.00 Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Free Click & Collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
£3.00 Collect+ from a local shop from Tuesday (Trial in selected areas)