The Essential Parent Company DVDs, Complete Guide
The Essential Parent Company was created by Diana Hill, an award-winning BBC science documentary film-maker, and Dr Rebecca Chicot, a Cambridge PhD in child development and parenting. After working together on BBC science documentaries and having children they saw a need for visually based baby care guides and realised they were the right people to make them.
This range of DVDs is the UK's first comprehensive set of baby, toddler and childcare DVDs. Each one includes clear, visual demonstrations of everything you need to know for those all-important first years. This gift pack contains 4 DVDs: Feeding, Everyday Care, Sleeping and First Aid and Accident Prevention.
The Feeding DVD shows you how to breastfeed, bottlefeed and introduce solid food. Including:
- Breastfeeding demonstrations with breastfeeding expert Sally Tedstone, consultant to UNICEF
- Explanation of how breastfeeding works and the growth and development benefits
- Expressing demonstrations and tips
- Formula feeding advice and demonstrations
- Full kitchen demonstration with Melissa Little, a Paediatric Dietician, that takes you from first purees through to meals and finger food.
The Everyday Care DVD shows you how to keep your baby healthy and well cared for in the vital first year. Including:
- Demonstration of how the bathe and clean your baby and how to put on nappies by midwife Alison Ross
- A consultant paediatrician shows you how to recognise meningitis and deal with emergencies
- Tips on how to prevent and soothe crying
- Preventing and treating common ailments including nappy rash, eczema and colic
- Baby development and tips on games and play to bolster this
The Sleeping DVD shows you how to teach your baby to sleep in the first year. Including:
- Understanding the science of sleep.
- How to develop sleep routines
- Strategies to help with common sleep problems with Mandy Guerney, Director of the Millpond Sleep Clinic
The First Aid and Accident Prevention DVD gives you a practical baby first aid course. Including:
- How to deal with common accident such as burns and scalds
- How to save a choking baby
- How to resuscitate an unconscious baby
- How to safety proof your house, presented by Katrina Phillips: Chief Executive of the Child Accident Prevention Trust
Expert advisors and contributors include Professor Robert Winston, The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Midwives, Teachers, Paediatricians and the UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative. The DVDs are accessible to everyone, tirelessly researched and expertly produced. An ideal purchase for new or expectant mums and dads looking for good information and peace of mind, they would also make an ideal baby shower gift.
DVDs include subtitles in English, Arabic, Urdu and for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Narrated by Professor Robert Winston
- The Essential Parent Company
- Eligible for International Delivery
Click & collect for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (order by 7pm)
Next/named working day UK delivery pre-10.30am
If you're not completely happy with your item, return it to us for FREE via:
Fill out your reason(s) for return on the back of the delivery note and use the pre-paid Royal Mail Returns label.
John Lewis shops
Take the product and your delivery note to the appropriate department in any of our shops.
Exceptions apply; see returns and refunds information.
Q & As
Have you thought about