Tomy Digital Video Plus TDV450 Baby Monitor
Would be good but for the night light
The night light has stopped working 6 months after use. John Lewis are swapping it out for me by sending a courier to deliver the new and collect the faulty at the same time which is very handy. Other than this fault, the camera is good, the settings are a little bid fiddly but they just take some getting use to. The picture quality is great. Overall I have been pleased with it which is why I am getting the same product again rather than choosing another brand. Of course should the night light fail again on the replacement then I'll be telling another story.
08 January 2014
Faulty Night Vision
As with other reviewers, we were happy with this product initially. Unfortunately after only 10 weeks use the night vision has stopped working. We are trying to get our baby to sleep through the night and without the night vision it's impossible to tell if her night time shouts are in her sleep or if she is awake and in need of something. I thought I had accidently turned off the night vision and looked online for info about how to turn it back on. Apparently, the night vision going out after a few months is a common problem. Replacing it for another brand. Thankfully I purchased from John Lewis, so this will not be an issue!
04 December 2013
Like product but first one faulty
I really liked this product - the camera worked great and it had a wee night light on it and the sound was very clear - however after 7 weeks the camera unit blew tripping all the lights in the house. It will now not turn on.
Because I liked the product, I have opted for a replacement so I am hoping the same thing does not happen again!
09 September 2013
My husband and I brought this product as we wanted a video monitor and had read good reviews about this one. However, after 3 months we returned it for an exchange as the night vision camera stop working, within 2 months we returned the replacement as this happened again.
We weren't impressed with the product, considering the high price.
31 August 2013
OK for the short term
We bought the early 2011 model which is just about still going. From the picture on the website It doesn't look as though the product has changed much (if at all) since then.
Generally, this monitor does its job but we do have some niggles with it:
- the menus on the handset are difficult to use
- the design /shape of the handset makes it unstable - not what you need when you're trying to use it at night time without waking anyone else up. At the very least it should have rubber feet so it doesn't slide across a bedside table
- the sound isn't very good - unless a child is breathing quite heavily you often can't hear anything
- the video picture is OK but we've since seen other monitors that have much better ones
- the leads for the camera and handset aren't as long as they could be, restricting where they can go
- the leads are also pretty flimsy - we had to buy new ones after a year of use even though we rarely move the camera
- we couldn't work out how to get the photos off the monitor and eg onto a PC so that function turned out to be a bit useless for us. If anyone else has worked it out please let us know by commenting on this review!
04 August 2013
This is a great camera for the money. I've actually had two other brands & returned both due to either sound issues or night vision. The day light picture is really clear, it's not like watching TV with vivid colours but it allows you to see your babies face really clearly. The night vision is also great although its much clearer in pitch black as opposed to these in between summer nights.
My only criticism would be the video monitor would be better if it had some sort of clip to attach it to the cot. I sat the monitor in the cot but now my daughter can crawl it's out of her way on our bed frame.
30 May 2013
Very good quality picture and sound. I recommend it!!
13 November 2012
For day and night time reassurance.
A Tomy monitor packed with features designed to give you total reassurance. Good size LCD colour screen for daytime and infra red vision at night time. Using the zoom function and snapshot it can take up to 100 photos of your baby! Volume control, sound level display, 2 way talk back, low battery indicator, built in timer -these are just some of its features. Your baby may even enjoy the multicoloured night light. This monitor has a lot to offer you.
08 August 2012