Toshiba Satellite C855-2LH Laptop, Intel Pentium B960, 2.2GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6”, Silver
The Toshiba Satellite C855 offers great value and great quality in a modern design with a tiled keyboard. It's perfect for everyday computing and features a 15.6” display. Extensive connectivity is included with SuperSpeed USB 3.0, HDMI port and an integrated numeric keypad for added convenience and ease of use.
Powered by the Intel Pentium processor and combined with 6GB RAM you’ll be able to browse the internet, check e-mails, and create documents with no problems.
Store a wealth of data on the massive 1TB hard drive. Keep all your files, photos, music and more all in one place for easy access.
Connect to an HD screen or television using the HDMI port on the laptop. The built in Bluetooth also allows you to pair the machine with other Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones to share files easily between the two.
Play and burn CDs/DVDs and create personalised music compilations and watch the latest blockbuster films.
A visual delight, the 15.6 inch high quality TruBrite® screen with LED backlighting, displays vivid colours and gives you a great picture when gaming or viewing photo’s and even watching HD videos.
Up to 4 hours battery life means you can work and play for longer without having to worry about running out of power.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 4 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD±R/RW Double Layer
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H33.52 x W380 x D242mm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Headphone socket
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Intel Pentium Dual-core B960
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- HD LED-backlit display
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1 megapixel HD webcam
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collectFree Click & collect from John Lewis or Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow from 2pm
355 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard delivery within 5 working days
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, depending on the type of product, you can make free returns in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+, or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454. Find out more about returns.
You'll find returns information on your delivery note. Unless faulty, we'd like you to make your return within 90 days of purchase. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy.
Q & As
Choosing the laptop that's right for you