Toshiba Satellite S70-A-11H Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 17.3”, Silver
The Toshiba Satellite S70 is a large screen laptop ideal for gaming and image editing. It features a dedicated NVIDIA graphics card 8GB of RAM and a fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor. The eye catching metallic blue finish makes this laptop look as good as it performs.
Powered by a fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM, this machine is powerful enough to handle multiple tasks at speed, from web browsing to creating documents and even photo editing with ease. The i5 includes advanced security features, like Intel Anti-Theft is designed to seamlessly boost its performance when you need it, giving speeds of up to 3.1GHz.
Enjoy smooth visuals thanks to the NVIDIA GeForce GT740M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory. The GT740M will provide faster gaming and rich details without draining too much battery.
A large 1TB hard drive will be enough to store a huge library of documents, photos, videos and much more, so you can keep all your important files close by.
Built-in Onkyo Speakers with DTS sound provide great audio to help create an absorbing experience when you are listening to music or watching movies, making this computer fantastic for multimedia usage.
Connect to multiple device with the two ultrafast USB 3.0 ports and a USB 2.0 port. You can even plug in a device that charges by USB and let your computer restore it’s battery life- even while the computer is in sleep mode. An SD/MMC card slot means you can slide a camera’s SD card directly into your computer for transferring photos quickly and easily.
Plug your laptop into an HD TV or monitor via the HDMI output, to extend your computer display to two screens, or expand it to a larger picture.
Type accurately with the tiled, backlit keyboard, so you won’t ever need another source of light to find that illusive key.
McAfee Internet Security 30 day trial
Microsoft Office 2013 1 month trial
TOSHIBA Desktop Assist
TOSHIBA Display Utility
TOSHIBA Eco Utility
TOSHIBA Function Key
TOSHIBA Media Player by sMedio TrueLink+
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor
TOSHIBA System Settings
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 3.5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD Read & Write
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H33.7 x W413 x D268 mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- NVIDIA GeForce GT740M, 2GB
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A solid state drive has fewer moving parts so allows for a quicker start up as well as providing more security if your computer is dropped.
- Headphone socket
- Backlit tiled keyboard with numeric keypad
- Memory Card Slot Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Card
- Model name / number
- Satellite S70-A-11H
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5-4200M
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz with Turbo Boost
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1600 x 900 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type
- HD TruBrite LED Backlit display
- ONKYO speakers with DTS sound
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition
- Webcam (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD Webcam
- Webcam (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
John Lewis and Waitrose shops for collection tomorrow233 participating John Lewis and Waitrose shops
Standard UK delivery in 5 working days (after Christmas)
Next, named or Saturday UK delivery (in time for Christmas)
Next/named day UK delivery pre-10.30am (after Christmas)
Q & As