2017 Apple MacBook Air 13.3", Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB PCIe-based SSD
Unbelievably thin and light, the 13.3-inch Apple MacBook Air is a portable yet powerful portable computer. Made from lightweight aluminium, it features a whole host of great connectivity options, including USB 3.0 and a lighting fast Thunderbolt 2 port. Tough, slim and very portable - the MacBook Air is your perfect partner for work, rest or play.
Thin, Light and Durable
Incredibly thin and light, MacBook Air 13-inch measures just 1.7cm at its deepest point and weighs an astonishing 1.35kg making it ideal to take with you. The amazing portability of this machine is helped by the 128GB PCIe-based SSD. It doesn’t have any moving parts, which means it’s more reliable and quiet. Lightning fast, durable, silent — qualities that make sense in a laptop tasked with keeping up with you. Despite its size, MacBook Air packs a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. It’s also backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light.
5th-Generation Intel Core i5
The fifth-generation Intel Core i5 processor will handle whatever you throw at it, allowing you to multi-task and work on intensive applications without experiencing any lag. Applications run faster and more efficiently than before. So everything you normally do on a computer you can do even quicker. Send email, write reports, create presentations, touch up photos, edit home movies and all the little (and big) tasks in between. The i5 uses the Intel HD Graphics 6000 GPU to ensure visuals are smooth whether you’re playing a game, watching a video or editing a photo.
MacBook Air features a large battery that works with the power-efficient fifth generation Intel Core processor to last all day. You can expect up to 12 hours of battery life on a single charge when surfing the web or watching films from iTunes. MacBook Air will also preserve its own battery life by entering standby mode after it’s been asleep for more than three hours, helping to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. You can even continue to receive new emails and calendar invitations while your MacBook’s asleep by enabling Power Nap.
With 802.11ac Wi-Fi you’ll be able to connect to an 802.11ac router and experience wireless performance that’s up to 3 times faster than previous generations. Bluetooth 4.0 will allow you to connect to Bluetooth enabled devices like speakers, headphones and other computers to stream and share files without wires. Two USB 3.0 ports will allow you to connect peripheral items such as mice, printers or USB storage devices, and transfer data 10 times faster than USB 2.0 with compatible devices. The Thunderbolt 2 port allows rapid transferring of files, so you’ll save time when trying to save large files in a hurry, delivering transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbps.
The screen on the MacBook Air is amazingly thin - just 4.86mm - but still manages to stand out, with a resolution of 1440 x 900 pixels and LED backlighting ensuring that colours are bright and vibrant from edge to edge. The widescreen 720p FaceTime camera will let your friends and family see more of you in video calls and ensure that groups can fit into a picture without having to crowd around the display. The dual microphones reduce background noise from behind the mics, so your speech will be as clear as your face.
Additional information: manufacturers often update their Operating System (OS) software over the course of a device’s lifespan – this means that your product might ship with a more advanced OS than specified.
- 3D Ready
- Accessories Included
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power adapter, AC wall plug, Power lead
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 12 hours wireless web browsing or iTunes movie playback
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p facetime HD camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H0.3-1.7 x W32.5 x D22.7cm
- LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
- 5th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Graphics Card Series
- Intel HD
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Hard Drive Model
- PCIe-based Flash Storage
- Full-size backlit keyboard, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SDXC card slot
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- macOS Sierra
- Operating System Filter
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Thunderbolt 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 5th-generation dual-core Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.8GHz to 2.9GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- MacBook Air 13.3"
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1440 x 900 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Touch Screen
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control
- USB ports Information Universal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes - Siri
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes - Via Apple TV & AirPlay
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11ac/a/b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy