AEG HK654200FB Induction Hob, Black
We like it because...
In February 2014, this product was awarded the "Best Buy" for Hobs by Which? magazine, outlining the high quality and superior efficiency of this model.
Allow yourself freedom to cook as you please with the flexibility and advanced technology of the AEG HK654200FB induction hob. This induction hob offers 4 sections for maximum heat and has a powerful booster and front ‘direktouch’ controls for direct access to your desired cooking level.
At the touch of a finger, you have instant access to the hob's controls and immediate control to select the precise level of heat you need. An intelligent AutoMax function brings the zone up to the boil and then will reduce it to the pre-selected power level for the remainder of the cooking time. With the HK654200FB, it responds as soon as the pan touches the hob. It immediately heats the pan- and only the pan- to the right temperature.
Ultra-efficient induction works by creating a magnetic field between the hob and steel or iron pan. The heat is instant; it is easily controlled and energy efficient. Surfaces are very easy to clean and the bevelled edge design ensures no trapped dirt.
With an intelligent use of power, energy consumption can be easily reduced. An Öko Timer enables you to use energy more efficiently by using the hob's residual heat during the last few minutes of the cooking process. A handy CountUp timer enables you to closely monitor the progress of each dish. It starts at zero and keeps counting up until you stop or reset it.
14-stage digital power level displays keep you informed at all times. For each heat zone, an OptiHeat Control tracks the level of residual heat, so you can make the most of your remaining heat and optimise your energy usage. A stop and go with keep warm setting is ideal when your cooking is interrupted as this will resume to previously selected settings. If a cooking zone is left on, the power automatically cuts out after a set period. A control and child lock tops off this model.
Please note: If you have a heart pacemaker, do seek advice from your doctor before using an induction hob. Please also only use pans suitable for induction hobs. These include enamelled steel, iron, stainless steel (depending on the alloy) and some aluminium pans with a ferromagnetic base. Glass and copper bases are unsuitable.
- Amperage Information The maximum current in amperes the switch will carry continuously. Please consult a qualified electrician for power supply wiring requirements and to see if this product is compatible with your home.
- Aperture needed Information The size of the hole needed for the appliance to fit
- W56 x D49cm
- Burner Power Information Heat output of each burner; the higher the kilowatt, the hotter and more powerful the burner
- 2x 1.8kW - 2.8kW. 1 x 2.3kW - 3.7kW. 1 x 1.4kW - 2.5kW
- Cable Included
- Control Position
- H5 x W59 x D52cm
- Flame failure safety device Information Shuts off the gas supply to the burner if the flame is accidentally extinguished
- Fuel Type
- Hob Fuel
- Hob type
- Ignition Type Information Jet Flame ignition: ignites a jet of gas along the side of the burner as the gas control is turned on. Independent Direct Ignition: every burner lights independently letting you to cook on any one instantly
- Model name / number
- Next Day Delivery Information We offer next working day delivery of appliances in selected areas. See our delivery information page for conditions
- Number of Burners
- Plug Included
- Residual Heat Indicator
- Total load rating (kW) Information The rate of energy usage by this unit. Please consult a qualified electrician for power supply wiring requirements and to see if this product is compatible with your home.
- Touch Control
- Delivery from 3 working days (lead time and available slots vary by postcode; exclusions apply)
- Next day delivery to selected areas
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
The charge for this service includes the taking away and disposal of your old hob for reuse or recycling.
This service includes:
- Disconnection of your old hob (regardless of fuel type)
- Connection of your new appliance to an existing electric supply within 1.5m of the installation location
- A basic demonstration of your new appliance
- The removal of all packaging