Amazon Kindle eReader, 6", Wi-Fi, Black
The updated Kindle eReader retains its 6-inch touch screen, but with a slightly slimmer, lighter body to make it even easier to carry with you every day, in your pocket, handbag or briefcase. As ever, this new Kindle version is designed to read like real paper, with no screen glare, even in bright sunlight. It includes room to store thousands of eBooks, making it simple to have your library with you at all times.
Built for reading
Designed to look and read like real paper, Kindle’s E-Ink screen uses ink particles and hand-built fonts to display sharp, dark text that reads like a printed page. It's easy on the eyes, no matter how bright the room is and will let you adjust your text to find the font and size that's most comfortable for you. Kindle is lighter than most paperback books, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand for longer.
A new touch screen interface makes it even easier to find your way around your Kindle. Opening books and turning pages is as simple as tapping on the screen, while it makes features like highlighting, the built-in dictionary and X-Ray easy to use. You can use Page Flip to skim page-by-page, scan by chapter or skip to the end without losing your place, and easily return to your margin notes or highlighted sections.
Kindle can do so much more than a paperback, too. X-Ray will show you relevant passages that relate to an idea, character place or topic, while you can discover even more by using Smart Lookup. Smart Lookup displays definitions, characters and settings from sources including The New Oxford English Dictionary, X-Ray and Wikipedia without losing your place. Words you've looked up before are automatically added to Vocabulary Builder, which lets you quiz yourself to expand your knowledge and reinforce retention.
Read for weeks without recharging
Kindle benefits from an incredibly long battery life. You’ll be able to go for up to one month without needing to recharge. The included USB cable makes it simple to recharge too- simply plug into any chargeable USB port or plug adapter to reinvigorate your Kindle’s battery.
A library in your pocket
With over 3 million books, newspapers and magazines available to download from the Kindle store, you won’t be short of reading options. That includes more than a million free books, including classics like Pride & Prejudice and Treasure Island and over 500,000 titles that are exclusive to Kindle. You can store thousands of books on a Kindle, making moving from one book to the next with ease. It’ll also help substantially reduce luggage weight for keen holiday readers!
- Accessories Included
- USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 1 month
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Built-in light
- Storage: 4GB; RAM: 512MB
- H15.9 x W11.4 x D0.9cm
- Pearl e-paper technology, optimised font technology, 16-level grey scale
- File Formats
- Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
- Model name / number
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 600 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Touch Screen
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy