Apple iPad 2, Apple A5, iOS 6, 9.7”, Wi-Fi, 16GB, White
iPad 2: Thin, light and full of great ideas
iPad 2 has a 9.7-inch LED-backlit display, front and back cameras, up to 10 hours of battery life and powerful apps for the things you love to do every day. And you can discover over 475,000 apps made for iPad in the App Store.
- 9.7-inch LED-backlit display
- Apple A5 chip
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Camera for still photos and 720p HD video recording
- Cameras for FaceTime video calling and Photo Booth
- iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps included
- iOS 6. Upgradeable to iOS 7 and iCloud
- Mobile data service on Wi-Fi + 3G models (sold separately)
- Available in black or white
Please Note: Your new iPad will arrive with iOS 6 installed. iOS 7 can be installed over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection by opening the Settings app, tapping on 'General' and then selecting 'Software Update' and 'Download'.
Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your internet enabled computer running iTunes by opening iTunes, selecting your iPad, clicking 'Check for Updates' and then 'Download and Update'.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- USB to 30-pin connector, USB plug
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 0.3 megapixels
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 0.7 megapixels
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H24.1 x W18.6 x D0.88cm
- LED-backlit with IPS
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX543MP2
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple 30-pin port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Apple A5 Dual-Core
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Apple A5
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1024 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- 9.1" to 11"
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy