Apple iPad mini 4, Apple A8, iOS, 7.9", Wi-Fi, 128GB, Space Grey
Fast and powerful, the iPad mini 4 makes multitasking easy, packs two amazing cameras and includes all of your favourite features from previous iPad, including TouchID. Redesigned to get the most out of a small package, iPad mini 4 with iOS 9 is minimal in the biggest way possible.
Never left behind
iPad mini is small. It's light. And it looks amazing. It's been crafted to be thinner and lighter than ever before, without compromising on strength thanks to its durable aluminium unibody that will last for years. There's no reason not to take it on your next adventure
Apps on top of apps
With hundreds of thousands of apps available on the app store, you can do almost anything you want on iPad mini 4. Plus, with Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture modes, iPad mini 4 will let you access one app without closing another. Swipe from the side to quickly view one app without closing the one you're already running with Slide Over. Go a step further and run two apps side by side with Split View. Or make FaceTime calls or watch a video while using another app with Picture in Picture. mini 4 will help you be more productive.
The A8 chip powers iPad mini 4. It'll let you harness iPad mini 4's incredible capabilities on the go, delivering speed and responsiveness and remarkable graphics to rival many personal computers and games consoles.
The M8 motion coprocessor works with the A8 to ensure efficiency. It continuously measures data from the accelerometer, gyroscope and compass, helping to preserve power and maintain a battery life that will last for up to 10 hours.
Two cameras, brilliant images
Take incredible photos and videos with the amazing iSight and FaceTime HD cameras. The iSight camera features an 8 megapixel sensor that can capture high resolution photos and videos in Full HD 1080p. An improved image processor is better at detecting faces and keeping them in focus, as well as reducing noise to ensure cleaner, sharper images.
The front-facing FaceTime HD camera is great for online video chats, with a next-generation backside illuminated sensor with larger pixels helping to brighten your calls and selfies, even in low-light. Meanwhile, dual microphones that work intelligently to reduce excess noise and collect more of the sounds that matter, and you’ll find video calls on iPad mini 4 sound as natural as talking to the person next to you.
The astonishing 7.9-inch Retina display comprises of 3.1 million pixels at a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, displaying incredible detail in your photos and videos and ensuring that text looks sharp and well defined.
Taking security seriously
iPad mini 4 features an unprecedented level of security thanks to Touch ID. Touch ID lets you use your fingerprint as your password, letting you unlock your iPad or make secure purchases on the App Store, iTunes and iBooks. Your fingerprint information stays on your iPad- it’s not shared with anyone, even Apple, helping to ensure that your personal information remains private.
iOs 9 has been enhanced to make it more essential than ever. Get smarter suggestions from Siri, Be more productive with multitasking features and enjoy enhanced performance and security thanks to improvements to the very foundation of iOS. It comes with powerful apps already installed that make every day easier, while existing features, like QuickType, have been enhanced to help you say what you want quicker and easier than ever.
It's really easy to set things up, with the Move to iOS app, which securely transfers your contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, calendars, wallpaper, and DRM-free songs and books from an Android device. It'll even suggest you download any free apps you were using on your old device.
Apps: Made for iPad
iOS 9 opens the door for enhancements to apps that feel natural, making change a breeze to get used to. Tap an event or phone number in Mail to add it to your calendar or contacts. Find bookmarks, reading lists and shared links more easily with the sidebar. Existing apps have been enhanced, while apps, like Photos, make it easier than ever to access, organise and interact with your favourite tools.
There are hundreds of thousands of app available for download from the App store that cover everything from gaming and productivity to home improvement and cooking. There are apps to make amazing movies from your video clips and bring your photos to life. Apps that work with technology available to help you map out the stars, improve your sporting skills and scan paper documents for saving sending and editing.
Browse, stream and download faster
iPad mini 4 features 802.11ac Wi-Fi and MIMO support, giving you faster than ever wireless speeds, so you can browse, share, stream and download at a pace.
Additional information: manufacturers often update their Operating System (OS) software over the course of a device’s lifespan – this means that your product might ship with a more advanced OS than specified.
- Accessories Included
- USB to lightning adaptor, USB plug
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Integrated speakers
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixel FaceTime Camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 8 megapixel iSight Camera
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H203.2 x W134.8 x D6.1 mm
- LED-backlit multi-touch Retina display with IPS technology and antireflective coating
- Ethernet Port
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- iPad mini 4 128GB Wi-Fi Space Grey
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 9
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 326 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Apple Lightning Port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Apple A8 with 64-bit architecture and M8 motion coprocessor
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Apple A8
- iPad mini 4
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- 7.1" to 9"
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- Up to 10"
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes- Siri
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac; dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy