Apple iPhone 7, iOS 10, 4.7", 4G LTE, SIM Free, 128GB, Silver
iPhone 7 dramatically improves the most important aspects of the iPhone experience. Wonderful camera systems, immersive stereo speakers and splash and water resistance. The best ever performance and battery life for an iPhone and the brightest, most colourful iPhone display. An easier to use, more secure Home button. The iPhone 7 looks every bit as powerful as it is.
Design that makes a splash
There's a splash and water resistant enclosure that protects against spills, splashes and dust. The Home button is completely reengineered, featuring a solid-state design with Touch ID Fingerprint sensor and haptic feedback. The unibody design is seamless to the touch, constructed with incredibly strong 7000 Series aluminium.
Crisp details and true to life colours
With a wide colour gamut, the screen delivers cinema-standard colours, meaning more shades of the spectrum can be used to create a vivid, vibrant image. What you see on the screen is a truer representation of your world, whether you're showing off holiday photos or shopping for the perfect present online. The Retina HD display integrates 3D touch, giving you more ways to interact with your apps.
More power, longer battery
iPhone 7 is supercharged by Apple's fastest ever smartphone chip. The A10 Fusion quad-core processor is faster and more efficient. The architecture has two high performance cores that can run up to 2x the speed of iPhone 6, and high efficiency cores that can run at one-fifth of the power of the other cores. It works faster when you need it and conserves power when you don't. You'll also get more time between charges than ever before, with up to two more hours on iPhone 7 than the previous generation.
With added optical image stabilisation, an f/1.8 aperture and six-element lens to make it even better at shooting photos and videos in low light. Up to 50% more light is captured by the camera sensor compared to previous models, while the Quad-LED True Tone flash adjusts to the colour temperature of the surroundings for sharper, better lit photos. Videos can be shot up to 4K, with Slo-mo support in 1080p and 720p HD. The front facing 7MP camera allows you to Facetime at higher resolutions with wider colour capture for natural-looking skin tones.
The stereo speakers deliver 2x the audio output of previous generations, with increased dynamic range for better music, video and calls. The iPhone 7 features a Lightning connector for your headphones. If you want to listen through your old headphones, the box includes a 3.5mm headphone jack adapter.
With Touch ID, your iPhone is more secure than ever. Touch ID lets you securely unlock your iPhone with your fingerprint. It can be also used to approve purchases from iTunes, iBooks and the App Store without the need for a password.
Bringing iPhone to life in personal and powerful ways with a beautiful and easy to use interface. Intelligent suggestions are there right when you need them, while advanced technologies protect your privacy and security. Hardware and software work together, taking full advantage of the powerful A10 chip, advanced camera system, Touch ID sensor and 3D touch.
Each of the core collection of apps is engineered with incredible attention to detail, like Photos, Maps, Messages, News and Health, that work straight out of the box. Plus, with over a million apps available on the App Store, you'll find plenty of options to do almost anything you can imagine.
With iCloud, iOS 10 can connect your Apple products automatically and make your everyday easier. Start a task on your iPad and finish on your Mac. Stream video from your iPhone to your TV through Apple TV. Everything's synced so all your devices have the latest information.
Please note: should you need to return your Apple iPhone due to a fault, if possible, please help us to protect your information by removing any lock codes and personal data via a factory reset.
To remove your lock code:
Please click here for assistance.
Backup and delete any personal data:
Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
Tap Settings >> iCloud >> Backup.
Turn on iCloud Backup (if it’s not turned on).
Make sure you are on a Wi-Fi connection >> tap Back Up Now.
Check your backup by tapping Settings >> iCloud >> Storage >> Manage Storage, then please select your device.
Disable Find my iPhone:
Go to Settings >> (your name) >> iCloud (or Settings >> iCloud), then please turn off Find My (device).
Perform a factory reset in Settings:
Go to >> Settings >> General >> Reset, then select Erase All Content and Settings. WARNING! This will erase all your content.
Additional information: manufacturers often update their Operating System (OS) software over the course of a device’s lifespan – this means that your product might ship with a more advanced OS than specified.
- Accessories Included
- EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter, Lightning to USB cable, 5W USB power adaptor
- Band Type Information Where your phone can be used around the world: Dual = Europe; Tri = plus N America and the Caribbean; Quad = plus Japan
- Quad Band
- Battery Life (Standby)
- Up to 10 days
- Battery Life (Talk-time)
- Up to 14 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.2
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 7 megapixel 1080p FaceTime camera, Retina Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Auto HDR
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 12 megapixel camera, f/1.8 aperture, Digital zoom 5x, Six-element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, Panorama, Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Cellular Generation
- H138.3 x W67.1 x D7.1mm
- LED-backlit multi-touch Retina HD display with IPS technology and antireflective coating, Wide colour display (P3), 1400:1 contrast ration (typical)
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Location Services
- GPS and GLONASS, Digital Compass
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- iPhone 7 128GB Silver A1779
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 10
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 326 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- A10 quad-core Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- iPhone 7
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1334 x 750 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Barometer, three-axis gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Touch Screen
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy