Apple iPhone X, iOS 11, 5.8", 4G LTE, SIM Free, 64GB, Space Grey
Apple wished to demonstrate the extent of their technological prowess to the world for the iPhone’s tenth anniversary – and they have succeeded in doing just that, thanks to the iPhone X. More luxurious than any other iPhone, the iPhone X has a beautiful OLED Super Retina Display and is powered by the hexa-core, A11 Bionic chip featuring 64-bit architecture. This incredible iPhone has Face ID, amazing cameras, advanced AR and wireless charging capabilities. This is the high-end iPhone Apple fans have been clamouring for.
Out with the old
The iPhone X’s premium, all-glass design and sumptuous 5.8” OLED Super Retina Display means Apple has done away with the Home button; technophobes need not worry, however – thanks to Face ID, it takes just a glance to unlock your phone or a gentle swipe up to access features.
iPhone X has been cleverly made with a seven-layer colour process, providing you with precise hue and opacity, as well as delivering a rich depth of colour to provide you with an alluring chassis. Additionally, there’s an elegant surgical-grade stainless steel band, which wraps around and reinforces the phone. iPhone X is water and dust resistant, so there’s no compromise over style with practicality.
The A11 Bionic chip is a six-core CPU powerhouse, which gives you fantastic performance as well as energy efficiency; you have more power than the iPhone 7, yet retain the same great battery life. Extra power means you have access to new machine learning, AR apps and immersive 3D games. A11 Bionic incorporates an Apple-designed Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) with a three-core design; delivering you up to 30 percent faster graphics performance than the previous generation.
Thanks to its improved 12-megapixel, wide-angle and telephoto cameras and faster sensor, your iPhone X is even better at shooting photos and videos. Apple has designed an image signal processor – giving you super pixel processing, faster autofocus in low light and better High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos. For improved consistency, there’s a new quad LED True Tone Flash with Slow Sync, which provides uniformity to the backgrounds and foregrounds of your pictures. Additionally, you can shoot 4K video up to 60 frames per second (fps) and 1080p slow motion up to 240fps.
With redesigned stereo speakers that are up to 25 percent louder than previous iPhone models, you now have deeper bass, enabling a richer acoustic experience for your TV shows, videos and speakerphone calls. Like the iPhone 7, the iPhone X features a Lightning connector for your headphones. If you want to listen through your old headphones, the box includes a 3.5mm headphone jack adapter.
Wrapped in an easy to use interface, iOS 11 opens up amazing Augmented Reality (AR) opportunities in your games and apps, makes your photos even more livelier and Siri, Apple’s intelligent personal assistant, is extra helpful and natural sounding. Thanks to iOS 11, your iPhone is more personal and powerful than ever before.
The core collection of apps have been designed with great attention to detail, like Photos, Maps, Messages, News and Health – all will work straight out of the box. Additionally, with over a million apps available on the easier to use, redesigned App Store, you'll find plenty of games or lifestyle aids to assist you.
Thanks to iOS 11 and iCloud, you can connect your Apple products automatically and make your everyday tasks easier. For example, stream videos from your iPhone X to your television via your Apple TV 4K; everything's synced, so all your devices have the latest information.
What is augmented reality?
AR can cleverly merge information and digital objects with the environment around you, directly onto your phone screen. (If you’ve ever played or seen Pokémon Go, you have experienced AR already.)
When looking at your phone screen, this ingenious technology enables you to see (for example) handy navigation arrows on a street – aiding you towards a set location, or you could view and then shoot virtual aliens as they invade your living room.
No matter if an app is AR optimised to assist your lifestyle, or for fun-filled gaming, it can provide an amazing experience that can bring the out of this world immersively into this one.
What is SIM free?
You'll receive the iPhone without having to commit to any network, leaving you free to decide which SIM card to use in the device. This gives you the opportunity to find the most suitable plan, whether that’s contract or pay-as-you-go, throughout the lifetime of the phone. You also have the option to add a foreign SIM card, so you can use the iPhone X overseas.
Click here to learn more about Apple iPhone X.
Please note: should you need to return your Apple iPhone due to a fault, if possible, please help us to protect your information by removing any lock codes and personal data via a factory reset.
To remove your lock code:
Please click here for assistance.
Backup and delete any personal data:
Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
Tap Settings >> iCloud >> Backup.
Turn on iCloud Backup (if it’s not turned on).
Make sure you are on a Wi-Fi connection >> tap Back Up Now.
Check your backup by tapping Settings >> iCloud >> Storage >> Manage Storage, then please select your device.
Disable Find my iPhone:
Go to Settings >> (your name) >> iCloud (or Settings >> iCloud), then please turn off Find My (device).
Perform a factory reset in Settings:
Go to >> Settings >> General >> Reset, then select Erase All Content and Settings. WARNING! This will erase all your content.
Additional information: manufacturers often update their Operating System (OS) software over the course of a device’s lifespan – this means that your product might ship with a more advanced OS than specified.
- Accessories Included
- EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter, Lightning to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, Documentation
- Band Type Information Where your phone can be used around the world: Dual = Europe; Tri = plus N America and the Caribbean; Quad = plus Japan
- Quad Band
- Battery Life (Talk-time)
- Up to 21 hours (wireless)
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 5.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 7 megapixel camera, 1080p HD video recording, Retina Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Auto HDR
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 12 megapixel wide-angle and telephoto cameras, Wide-angle: f/1.8 aperture, Telephoto: f/2.4 aperture, Digital zoom up to 10x, Dual optical image stabilisation, Six-element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash with slow sync, Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Cellular Generation
- H143.6 x W70.9 x D7.7mm
- Super Retina HD display, All-screen OLED Multi-Touch display, 3D Touch, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Location Services
- Assisted GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS, Digital compass, iBeacon micro-location
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- iPhone X 64GB Space Grey
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple iOS 11
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 458 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2436 x 1125 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Face ID, Barometer, three-axis gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Touch Screen
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11ac with MIMO
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy