Apple Mac Pro ME253B/A Desktop, Intel Xeon E5, 12GB RAM, 256GB Flash, AMD FirePro D300, Black
The Mac Pro is a revolutionary desktop solution to satiate the needs and desires of any avid Apple users. Built to let your creativity run free, it features a state-of-the-art Intel processor, next-generation flash storage and ultra-fast memory to ensure all your sessions are uninterrupted. Boasting unprecedented expansion capabilities and housed in a radical new design like no computer you've seen before.
Photo editing in more detail
PCIe-based flash storage lets you import images over 4x faster than the previous-generation Mac Pro. While powerful Intel Xeon E5 processors and dual workstation-class GPUs let you fly through enhancements, retouching and effects. And you can connect a 4K display and see your photos in more detail than ever before.
Sharp audio and silent fan
With ultra-fast PCIe-based flash storage, Mac Pro loads instruments, samples and loops almost instantly. Thunderbolt 2 provides a high number of channels of ultra-low latency audio I/O without the need for add-on PCI cards, while the incredibly quiet fan is perfect for pristine recording.
Mac OS X El Capitan
Building on the successful design of OS X Yosemite, the latest version is enhanced to deliver an updated interface, new full-screen views and a change to the way you arrange the windows on your desktop. In addition to the full-screen view, there’s also a new Split View to let you see the two apps you have open next to each other.
Plus, OS X El Capitan has a large variety to new functions and features to make your life even easier. For example, the just wiggle your finger trackpad or shake your mouse to find your cursor, which to help you spot it momentarily grows in size. Also, Spotlight lets you search for your documents and apps using everyday language, helping you to find what you’re looking for. Notepad isn’t just dealing with text, but will be able to handle PDFs, photos, URLs and map locations.
If you own and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9, then you can move between devices in even smarter ways. Make and receive iPhone calls on your Mac, even if your iPhone is in another room. Send and receive both iMessage and SMS text messages on your Mac. Start an email, document or browsing session on one device and instantly pick it up on another.
| Safari | Mail | iBooks | Mac App Store | iPhoto | iMovie | GarageBand | Pages | Numbers | Keynote | Maps | Calendar | FaceTime | Messages | Contacts | Reminders | Preview | Notes | iTunes | Game Center | Time Machine | Photo Booth |
Payment Plan in shops
Spread the cost of your Apple product for up to 2 years with our Payment Plan — only available in our shops on Apple purchases of £399 or more, and provided by Hitachi Capital — helps to make your purchase more affordable by spreading the cost of your new Apple purchase across monthly payment options. 14.9% APR representative. Terms and conditions apply. Subject to status. Find Out More
Please bring your ID and proof of address with you when applying for the Payment Plan at one of our branches.
- Accessories Included
- Power cable
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Built-in speaker
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- L25.1 x Dia.16.7 cm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Fitting type
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Dual AMD FirePro D300 (2GB of GDDR5 VRAM each)
- Graphics Card Series
- AMD FirePro
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- 12GB (DDR3 ECC memory)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- Mac Pro ME253B/A
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X El Capitan
- Operating System Filter
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 6x Thunderbolt 2, 4x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI 1.4, Combined optical/digital audio output/analog line out mini-jack
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 with 10MB L3 cache
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 3.7GHz to 3.9GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Xeon
- Mac Pro
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- Not applicable
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Touch Screen
- TV tuner card Information Device that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy