Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display, ME664B/A, Intel Core i7, 256GB Flash, 8GB RAM, 15.4"
A fully-featured laptop inside a sleek, sturdy aluminium shell, the MacBook Pro with Retina display is designed for ultimate performance and stunning visuals. Your high definition videos, photos and games will look even more brilliant on the sharp 15.4-inch Retina display. Complete with dedicated graphics, flash storage and a powerful Intel Quad Core i7 processor - even the most demanding applications will open and run in moments.Key benefits:
When you pack over 5 million pixels into a 15.4-inch display, the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can’t discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism and text is pin sharp. You can also see more of your high-resolution images on screen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy
Your new MacBook Pro will arrive with OS X Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion introduces innovative features including the all new Messages app, Notification Centre, system-wide Sharing, AirPlay Mirroring, Game Centre and the enhanced security of Gatekeeper. With iCloud built into the foundation of OS X, Mountain Lion makes it easier than ever to keep your content up to date across all your devices.
The MacBook Pro features a rapid 2.4GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 processor, 8GB of memory and a long-lasting 7 hour battery. The 256GB all-flash storage will allow you to store your photos, music and personal documents in the one place. Flash storage doesn’t have any moving parts, which means it’s more reliable and quiet. Lightning fast, durable, silent — qualities that make sense in a laptop tasked with keeping up with you. You can also connect wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled peripherals and go online while you’re out and about with AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi.
The FaceTime HD camera gives you 720p resolution — perfect for the brilliant LED-backlit display — along with improved low-light performance. You and your friends can make HD calls from one new MacBook Pro to another. You can also make video calls to other Intel-based Mac computers, iPhones or the new iPod touch.
For boosted graphics performance the new MacBook Pro features NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M dedicated graphics with 1GB of GDDR5 memory. Powerful enough for media and gaming, automatic switching with Intel’s HD Graphics 4000 processor means you can conserve power during lighter use.
With two Thunderbolt ports, you can daisy-chain devices, including your display, to create a fully fledged workstation. Two USB 3.0 ports let you connect your iPad, iPod, iPhone, digital cameras, and external hard drives.
The MacBook Pro also features an advanced trackpad with wonderfully intuitive Multi-Touch technology. You can flip through photos, enlarge text and adjust an image using just your fingers. Your hands have room to spread out on the full-size keyboard with crisp, responsive keys. And it’s illuminated so you can see what you’re typing in low-light settings. Navigation is simple and intuitive thanks to the multi-touch trackpad, which doubles as a button.
The SDXC card slot supports up to 64GB cards and makes it a snap to transfer all those photos to and from your MacBook Pro, so you can edit and share them on the spot.
iCloud iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents and more from whatever device you’re on. So if you take a picture with your iPhone or make changes to your meeting schedule on your iPad, iCloud makes sure everything appears on your Mac too. And it works both ways — create a to-do list on your Mac and you can make edits to it on your iPhone.
Retina-Ready Software To take advantage of the beautiful Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion apps like Safari, Mail, Calendar, Contacts and more — as well as other Apple apps including iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iTunes, Aperture and Final Cut Pro — have already been optimised, and updates to other Apple apps are coming soon.
OS X Mountain Lion
Every Mac comes with OS X Mountain Lion, the latest release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. It delivers 200 new features that make the Mac better than ever and make your Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch work even better together.
OS X Mountain Lion Features
- iCloud keeps your content up to date across all your devices.
- Use the Messages app to send unlimited messages to anyone on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or another Mac.
- Notification Centre shows all your alerts, all in one place.
- Share on Twitter, Flickr and Vimeo, straight from the apps you’re in.
- Interact with your Mac using intuitive Multi-Touch gestures.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p Facetime HD camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H1.8 x W35.9 x D24.7cm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- No - Seperate Thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter required
- Ethernet Port
- No - Seperate Thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter required
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, 1GB & Intel HD 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 256GB of flash storage
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Operating System Filter
- OS X
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x Thunderbolt, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 3rd generation quad-core Intel Core i7
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i7
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 14.1" to 16"
- Touch Screen
- USB ports Information Universal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices
- 2x USB 3.0
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy