Apple MF839B/A MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, 13.3"
The 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display packs the latest technology into a thin and light package. Powered by a fifth generation Intel Core i5 processor and Intel Iris graphics, the MacBook Pro with Retina display includes a pressure-sensitive Force Touch trackpad, faster than ever all-flash memory and a long battery life to keep you going on the road.
With over four million pixels on show, the Retina display on MacBook Pro is positively stunning. Designed to ensure that your eyes won’t be able to discern individual pixels from a normal viewing distance, images take on a new level of realism, while text is sharp and clear. Colours on the Retina display are rich and vibrant, while a high contrast ratio makes blacks appear blacker and whites whiter. It also includes IPS technology to enable a clear view from angles as wide as 178-degrees.
Force Touch Trackpad
With the Force Touch trackpad, Apple has pushed the trackpad further than ever. It's been refined to provide a responsive, uniform click, no matter where you press. However, the force sensors add a new dimension to using a trackpad, detecting the amount of pressure you're applying to open new possibilities. Use different levels of pressure for new capabilities, such as previewing a file or quickly looking up a definition of a word. It'll also provide haptic feedback- a tactile response to help you feel the action you're choosing. Force Touch also works in addition to the intuitive multi-touch gestures that already help you get around your MacBook with ease.
Fifth-generation Intel processors
Intel's fifth generation dual-core i5 processor will let you take your most demanding apps on the road. It provides stunning performance that uses Hyper-Threading technology to allow you to multi-task and work on intensive applications without experiencing any lag. Applications run faster and more efficiently than before. So everything you normally do on a computer you can do even quicker, from web browsing to video editing. Add to this 8GB of RAM and you’ll find performance is smooth even when you’ve got a variety of apps open.
Intel Iris Graphics
Intel's fifth generation processors work with Intel Iris graphics to deliver eye popping graphics and incredible multimedia experiences, without the need for an additional graphics card.
Powerful and Portable
MacBook Pro with Retina display somehow manages to squeeze more power into a smaller space than ever, making it thin and light enough to take with you. Every millimetre has been carefully considered to maximise performance and minimise size, while bulky legacy components have been removed in favour of newer, higher performance technologies. You won’t even have to worry about running out of power after a few hours use, thanks to the long lasting battery life of up to 10 hours of web browsing.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new laptop with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Payment Plan in shops
Spread the cost of your Apple product for up to 2 years with our Payment Plan — only available in our shops on Apple purchases of £399 or more, and provided by Hitachi Capital — helps to make your purchase more affordable by spreading the cost of your new Apple purchase across monthly payment options. 14.9% APR representative. Terms and conditions apply. Subject to status. Find Out More
Please bring your ID and proof of address with you when applying for the Payment Plan at one of our branches.
- Accessories Included
- Power adaptor, AC wall plug and power lead
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours wireless web browsing or 12 hours of iTunes movie playback
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p facetime HD camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H1.8 x W31.4 x D21.9cm
- LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology
- 5th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- Graphics Card Series
- Intel Iris
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 128GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
- Internal Storage Capacity
- 65GB to 249GB
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 79 keys, including 12 function keys and four arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC compatible)
- Model name / number
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display (March 2015)
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X El Capitan
- Operating System Filter
- OS X
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x Thunderbolt 2, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 5th generation dual-core Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.7GHz to 3.1GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- MacBook Pro
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Touch Screen
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- Via Apple TV & AirPlay
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy