The sleek new Apple TV gives you sharper entertainment than ever before with stunning 1080p Full HD. Compact and discreet, it’s ideal for sitting on your widescreen TV stand or squeezing into a crowded media cabinet.
Apple TV gives you anytime access to endless entertainment. Thousands of HD movies and TV shows from iTunes — many in stunning 1080p — play through Apple TV on your HDTV, and music and photos stream from your computer.
With AirPlay, it’s simple to play content from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on your TV. And the intuitive interface makes it easy to find whatever you’re in the mood for.
The included Apple Remote makes it easy to get to your favourite entertainment.
Easy setup - just plug the power cord into the wall and connect Apple TV to your widescreen TV using a separate HDMI cable. Everything streams wirelessly to Apple TV using your Wi-Fi network.
Content available on Apple TV:
As well as music, movies and TV shows from iTunes, Apple TV features a range of services from the likes of Netflix, NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass, Sky News, YouTube, VEVO and more.
Please note: Additional subscriptions may be required to use these services.
In the box:
Please note: Apple TV requires an HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect to your television. It will also need to be connected to your home network through Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
Mac or PC
iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
iTunes Store account for renting films
AirPort Extreme, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11g or 802.11n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
Please note that Apple TV allows access to broadcasts via dedicated apps and is not equipped with a tuner.
- Accessories Included
- Apple Remote, power lead, documentation
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- H2.3 x W9.8 x D9.8cm
- File Formats
- H.264 video up to 1080p, MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps
- Gifts by Interest
- Gifts for Techies
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX543MP2
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 1 port
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- Model name / number
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Apple TV Software (based on iOS)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 10/100 Ethernet, micro USB, HDMI, optical audio
- Power Supply
- Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Single-core Apple A5
- SCART sockets
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy