Asus Fonepad Tablet/Smartphone, Intel Atom, Android, 7", Wi-Fi & 3G, 16GB, Titanium Gray
A beautifully designed Android tablet and smartphone hybrid, the Asus Fonepad is here to take up its position as your only portable touch screen device. With a sleek design featuring a metallic back and a stunning HD display, this device won’t look out of place whether you’re using it to make calls or browse the internet, and thanks to its Intel Atom processor, no app will be too demanding.
Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the Fonepad is well equipped to run all of your favourite apps and games. It comes with a variety of apps already installed, including Google Play, giving you access to thousands of apps, games, eBooks, movies and songs. And when you need to get in contact with someone and an email just won’t do, you can put a Micro SIM in and use your Fonepad as a fully functioning 3G smartphone.
A 1.2GHz Intel Atom processor and 1GB of RAM power the Fonepad. The Atom is a powerful mobile processor, designed to handle all of the latest Android games and apps without consuming much power.
Enjoy movies and TV shows with stunning quality, thanks to the vivid HD screen and SonicMaster Audio technology. The screen features a wide 178° viewing angle to give you a great picture from a range of positions, while Maxx Audio software helps deliver precise sound effects.
Thanks to its large 16Wh battery, the Fonepad has a standby time of up to 751 hours or a talk time of 32.5 hours. Alternatively, you can watch up to 9 hours of HD video before needing to recharge.
You can utilise Google Maps to map your location thanks to the built-in GPS & Glonass systems, as well as the E-Compass.
Send files with Bluetooth and connect to the internet using Wi-Fi or 3G with a micro-SIM. The Fonepad is well equipped to help you interface with other technology, with a microSD card slot allowing you to expand storage by up to an extra 32GB and a micro USB port to connect to a computer.
A number of apps come pre-installed on the Fonepad to help you get the most out of your device. It features a whole host of Google apps, as well as
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Quad Band
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 9 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 3.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixels
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H196.4 x W120.1 x D10.4 mm
- Titanium Gray
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Touch screen
- Maximum Standby Time
- 751 hours
- Maximum Talk Time
- 32.5 hours
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SMS, MMS
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Intel Atom Z2420
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Atom
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- Up to 7"
- Screen Type
- LED Backlit IPS panel
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- SIM Free
- Touch Screen
- Video Capability
- MPEG4: H.263, H.264 at HD 1080p
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- YES- Google Now
- Wi-Fi and 3G
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n, 3G via SIM Card
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy