Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X Tablet, Quad-core MediaTek MT8125, Android, 7", Wi-Fi, 16GB, Blue
Thin, light and great value, the MeMO Pad HD 7 from Asus is the perfect portable Android tablet on a budget. This ultra light 7-inch device comes packed with features at a great price, with a fantastic battery life to boot, so you can take it with you without worrying about having to recharge halfway through the day.
All day traveller
Weighing just over 300g, and a bit under 11mm thin, the MeMO Pad HD 7 is a great device to take with you without feeling burdened by weight or size. A long battery life will ensure that you don't have to worry about recharging MeMO Pad HD 7 every few hours too, make it the perfect travel companion, with up to 10 hours battery life for web browsing or 10 hours for 720p video playing.
Packing a quad-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM, the MeMO Pad HD 7 provides smooth videos, more responsive gaming and fast web browsing. The 10-point multi-touch screen is incredibly precise, allowing for accurate inputs and allowing for more control over games and apps.
Operating with Android
MeMO Pad HD 7 is running on Android 4.2, Jelly Bean and comes complete with apps like Google Maps, YouTube and Google Play, for access to more games, apps, music tracks, movies and eBooks. With Android 4.2, you can set up different user accounts, making it possible for the whole family to enjoy their own individual apps and widgets, with parental controls in place to help you protect your children.
MeMO Pad also comes with Asus exclusive apps, like BuddyBuzz, which makes managing and viewing your social network profiles simple, and SuperNote, which you can use to scribble, read and type on any time, complete with support for multimedia notes that include photos, videos or voice recordings. Asus' own Asus Studio and Story apps will let you edit, sort, create and share photos and photo story albums.
High Quality Audio
With dual stereo speakers and Asus SonicMaster technology, the MeMO Pad delivers incredible sound from your movies, music and internet voice or video calls. Metallic construction and large resonance chambers enhance the speakers sound, power, fidelity and balance, while SonicMaster uses sophisticated audio processing to deliver optimised sound.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Power adaptor, USB cable, manual
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixel
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H196.8 x W120.6 x D10.8 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- PowerVR SGX544
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 32GB)
- Model name / number
- MeMO Pad HD 7
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB 2.0
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core Mediatek MT8125
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- Up to 7"
- Screen Type
- 10-finger HD muiltitouch display
- G-Sensor, E-compass, Hall sensor
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy