BabyBjörn Baby Carrier One, Black
Product code: 31570332
What if you could enjoy the closeness of babywearing for longer — in a way that's comfortable for both you and your little one? You can with the BABYBJÖRN ergonomic Baby Carrier One crafted in a soft cotton blend. The sturdy waist belt and padded shoulder straps relieve pressure on your back and shoulders, and make babywearing possible from newborn and up to the age of three. This BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One is suitable from newborn to 3 years with four different carrying positions. The design is ergonomic, soft and comfortable and has a fully adjustable size and seat width.
- Minimum age front-facing position: 5 months maximum weight front-facing position: 12 kg For children between 3.5-4.5 kg, use the leg straps to tighten the leg openings.
- 4 front and back carrying positions - Choose whether you want to carry your child facing in (two height positions), facing out or on your back.
- No infant insert needed - baby carrier one has two height positions. You use the upper height position from newborn (at least 3.5 kg) so your baby is carried in the correct position, close to your face. Your baby should be close enough for you to kiss the top of their head.
- Ergonomic leg position - Wide, fully adjustable seat width ensures a comfortable and ergonomically correct position for your child's hips.
- Superior carrying comfort - Luxuriously thick padding in the shoulder straps gives you superior carrying comfort. The sturdy waist belt gives you excellent pressure relief and good carrying ergonomics.
- Adjustable head support - The head support protects your newborn baby and provides the right support until they have sufficiently strong neck muscles to hold their head up. You can also keep the head support unfolded when your baby is older and is resting or sleeping in the baby carrier. You can easily fold it up or down and adjust the firmness of the support it provides.
- Carry your toddler on your back - As your child grows heavier, it will be more comfortable for you to carry them in the baby carrier on your back. We recommend that you only start to carry your child on your back after they turn 12 months old, as you will not have the same degree of supervision. With your child in the baby carrier facing inwards, you can easily swivel the whole baby carrier from your front to your back. It's comfortable and you can do it unaided. The design of the baby carrier means your child sits safely and securely while you move them onto your back.
- Hip-friendly baby carrier - The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested baby carrier one and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support to your child's hips and encourages good hip joint development, which is especially important in your child's first months.
- Child-friendly materials - All our baby carriers are free from harmful substances and approved in accordance with Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class I for baby products.
Additional things to know:
What's the difference between Baby Carrier One and One Air?
These baby carriers share the same features but are made of different materials. Baby Carrier One Air is crafted in an airy 3D mesh and Baby Carrier One is made of a soft cotton blend. Both these materials are soft and flexible, but the cool 3D mesh is a better choice if you easily get hot or live in a warm climate.
Why choose a baby carrier in a cotton blend?
Thanks to the supreme softness and flexibility of our cotton blend, you can both see and feel that your baby is being carried in a natural position.
Did you know that our baby carriers have been developed in cooperation with experts?
We want you to feel safe and secure when you carry your child in a BABYBJÖRN baby carrier. That's why all of our baby carriers have been developed in cooperation with medical specialists. Our baby carriers are simple to use and hold your child in an upright position that ensures free air passages, freedom of movement for their legs and arms, and good support for their neck and head.
Why choose a baby carrier from BABYBJÖRN?
Because we focus on you and your little one when we develop our baby carriers! This means that they're safe, comfortable, and easy to use and adjust. They're also machine washable and can be used for a long time; they have a minimalistic, Scandinavian design and are crafted in materials that feel soft and gentle against your baby's skin and are safe to taste.
The Baby Carrier One meets the safety standard EN13209-2:2015 and the US safety standard ASTM F2236 and CPSIA 2008, Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
- Baby Carrier Type
- Back Carrier, Front Carrier
- H58 x W160 x 1cm
- Maximum User Weight
- Minimum user weight
- Suitable From
- Washing Instructions
- Machine Washable at 40°C
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2 to 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Local Collection Network
- Collect your delivery from thousands of local convenience shops. Your next available collection day will show at checkout.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Order before 10am to get same day evening delivery to addresses within London M25, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. Available 7 days a week, delivery between 7 – 10pm on a day of your choice. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day. Delivered by 100% electric vehicles.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2023 and 24 December 2023 can be returned up until 23 January 2024, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.