Bialetti Moka Express Hob Espresso Maker, 1 Cup
Product code: 84510211
This icon of Italian design first revolutionised the way coffee is prepared at home in 1933. Decades later, Moka Express will still be just as well placed in your kitchen as it is on display in some of the world's most famous art and science museums. Stylish and practical, it makes delicious espresso cups from ground coffee beans, full or aroma and taste.
Using a Bialetti Moka Express can be daunting to newcomers, but once you know the basics it's easy to produce a high quality cup every time:
- Grind your coffee - freshly ground beans will give the best cup of coffee
- Add your water - fill the brewer to the line in the bottom of the brewer section
- Add the filter and coffee - insert the filter basket into the brewer, then fill the basket with coffee
- Attach the sections - screw the top and bottom of the Moka Express together
- Heat your coffee - place it on a moderately hot stove, angling the handle away from heat and leaving the lid open. Coffee will start to bubble into the top section
- Pour the coffee - once the coffee has stopped bubbling, pour it into your preferred mug
Be careful not to use too much heat when making the coffee - this can cause bitterness in the drink. Ensure you remove from the heat once the coffee starts emitting lighter coloured steam or the steam becomes audible, or the coffee may taste burnt.
- 1 cup - 60ml of coffee, H13.3cm
- 3 cup - 130ml of coffee, H15.9cm
- 6 cup - 250ml of coffee, H21.6cm
- 9 cup - 410ml of coffee H25.4cm
- Automatic or Manual
- 1 cup: 60ml, 3 cup: 130ml, 6 cup: 250ml, 9 cup: 410ml
- Coffee Type
- Ground Coffee
- Cup Warmer
- Gifts by Interest
- Gifts for Coffee Lovers
- Number of cups
- 1 Cup
- Suitable for all hobs except induction
- Removable Reservoir
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free Click & Collect with no minimum spend until 19 October. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery within M25 on the day of your choice or same day for orders before 10am. 7 – 10pm, 7 days a week. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.