Black Bean Chicken Stir-Fry
Explore the art of stir-fry with this delicious recipe from our exclusive Cook Edition. Serves 2.
Ingredients:- 2 boneless chicken thighs (225g)
- 1 small green pepper or half red and half green pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- An equivalent amount of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp fermented black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tsp ground chillies
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp finely sliced spring onion greens
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the marinade:- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp potato flour
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
Instructions:1) Cut the chicken into 1-2cm cubes and put into a bowl. Stir together the marinade ingredients, add to the chicken and mix well.
2) Cut the pepper into small squares to match the chicken. Heat a wok over a high flame, add 1 tbsp of the oil, then the peppers and stir-fry until hot and slightly cooked, but still crisp. Remove and set aside.
3) Reheat the wok over a high flame. Add the rest of the oil, swirl it around, then tip in the marinated chicken and stir-fry. When they have spearated and are starting to become pale, add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until they smell delicious. Add the black beans and stir a few times until you can smell them. Add the ground chillies and return the peppers to the wok.
4) Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is just cooked through, seasoning with salt to taste. Then stir in the spring onions and , off the heat, the sesame oil.