Bordallo Pinheiro Strawberry Earthenware Serving Dish, 25cm, Red
Product code: 62119708
A colourful strawberry-inspired serving dish from Bordallo Pinheiro. Made of earthenware in Portugal using traditional ceramic -manufacturing techniques, the dish is microwave and dishwasher safe for everyday use.
From cabbage leaf serving dishes to bowls shaped like melons or plates like strawberries, Bordallo Pinheiro’s plant-inspired ceramics are a feast for the senses. Still produced in the same factory in Caldas da Rainha in Portugal, where artist Rafael Bordallo Pinheiro first designed them back in the 1800s, these leafy beauties never date. Pick one or two pieces or go all out. Mix in with bright, zingy ceramics for Mediterranean flavour or add to your everyday white china for a classy green and white combo.
Choose the perfect china
All our china is made from clay and kiln-fired for durability. Except for pieces with special trims, everything is dishwasher safe. Below are a few options to consider when choosing your perfect china.
|Earthenware||Strong and practical, perfect for everyday. Its cream colour and low firing temperatures allow for designed pieces.|
|Stoneware||Tougher than earthenware and chip resistant. Ideal for heavy use and can often go into the oven to temperatures of up to 250°C.|
|Terracotta||Uses a clay with a rich body colour giving the characteristic base colour, and has a low glaze firing allowing bright coloured glazes. Porous body allows for good thermal expansion and contraction properties making it an ideal body for cookware such as tagines and roasters.|
|Porcelain||Delicate yet strong. Carefully selected clays give whiteness and translucency. It can often go from oven to table.|
|Fine china||The synthetic bone ash used in fine china makes it a more affordable alternative to bone china whilst maintaining the benefits - strength, translucency and delicacy.|
|Bone china||Bone china is made from 40% bone ash. This makes strong yet thin and delicate pieces which are microwave, dishwasher* and oven safe making each piece ideal for everyday use, not just formal.|
*Unless product has metallic details - always check individual item for specific care instructions
- Bordallo Pinheiro
- Country of Origin
- H25 x W25 x D45cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Freezer Safe
- Microwave Safe
- Oven Safe
In 1885, the renowned Portuguese artist Raphael Bordallo Pinheiro founded a ceramics factory in Caldas da Rainha, Portugal, where the factory remains today. The factory continues the artist's legacy, creating eye-catching dinnerware and serveware that is synonymous with his style, using the same timeless and traditional ceramic-manufacturing techniques.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery within M25 on the day of your choice or same day for orders before 10am. 7 – 10pm, 7 days a week. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.