5 years Added Care for your home appliance (includes guarantee period)
All electrical products you buy from us are guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years, at no extra cost. With Added Care, you'll enjoy the same benefits for a period of up to 5 years, while also adding further benefits not included in the original guarantee. More about Added Care
This service includes removal and disposal of your old refrigerated appliance for reuse or recycling.
Before the delivery crew's arrival, please ensure your old fridge or freezer is empty of any contents, defrosted and safely disconnected from mains electricity.
Refrigeration door reversal
- Reversing the door on your new refrigerated appliance
- Delivery of the appliance
Product code: 86561212This fridge freezer is part of Bosch’s Winning Line range which has been selected for environmentally friendly technology and user friendly functionality and you won’t be disappointed. With an outstanding A+++ energy rating, SuperFreeze function with automatic deactivation this appliance has everything you could wish for.
In the fridge cavity are:
- 3 anti-spill safety glass shelves
- 3 door shelves
- a CrisperBox, which is specifically designed to keep your fruit and vegetables deliciously fresh, and has a setting to allow you to choose the humidity of the drawer
- a dedicated ChillerBox for keeping fish and meat chilled
- a handy bottle rack
The freezer in the KGE36AW40G houses 3 transparent drawers plus a big box, and has a SuperFreeze setting that brings the temperature right down when you add new food, automatically deactivating when the right temperature is reached. As new food is quickly frozen, more vitamins and nutrients are maintained for a more delicious experience when you eat them.
A reversible door makes this fridge freezer adaptable to your kitchen layout, while the removable magnetic door seals enable effortless cleaning and replacement.
- Energy efficiency class: A+++
- White High-door design, cambered door and white side panels
- SuperFreeze function with automatic deactivation
- Auto defrost fridge compartment
- Manual defrost freezer
- Dedicated CrisperBox and ChillerBox drawers in fridge
- flexShelf - easy to pull out if required, space saving if not in use
- Electronic control for fridge and freezer with LED display
- Bright interior LED fridge light
- Freezer malfunction warning signal: optical and acoustical warning system
- Removable magnetic door seals - easy to clean and replace
- Reversible door to suit your kitchen layout
- Antibacterial protection
Special lining which prevents any bacteria growth
- Appliance Width
- Audible Temperature Alarm
Audible Temperature Alarm
With this alarm you'll never have to worry about frozen items losing their cool. When temperatures reach above freezing, an alarm sounds to make sure you have a safeguard against melting food.
- Average annual energy cost
Average annual energy cost
How much the appliance costs to run a year (with John Lewis assuming 1kwh = 10p inc VAT). Please contact your electricity supplier for the price you would actually pay for a unit of electricity
- Chiller Zone
This zone works at a lower temperature to ensure the flavour, nutrients and freshness of your perishable food is maintained for longer.
- Auto defrost
- Defrost Type
The method used to defrost a fridge freezer. Options include Automatic systems, Manual systems and Frost Free systems which use dry air to prevent any icy build up
- Manual Defrost Freezer, Auto Defrost Fridge
- H186 x W60 x D65cm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Energy Consumption Per Standard Cycle
- Energy Rating
Graded on performance, from A+++ to G, with A+++ being the highest rating. Higher ratings mean better energy efficiency
- Fan Cooling In Fridge
Fan Cooling In Fridge
This helps provide more even cooling across the entire fridge, and also aids in the defrost process.
- Fast freeze
Freezes food more quickly, thus retaining more flavour
- Freezer Defrost Type
Freezer Defrost Type
The method of defrosting this freezer. Options include Automatic systems, Manual systems and Frost Free systems which use dry air to prevent any icy build up.
- Freezer drawers/shelves
- 3 drawers
- Freezing capacity (24 hours)
Freezing capacity (24 hours)
How much food can be frozen over 24 hours
- Fridge Freezer Type
- Fridge Position
- Holiday Mode
Putting your appliance into Holiday Mode conserves power when you are away
- Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature
Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature
This appliance should always operate in conditions where the temperature remains below this number.
- Minimum Ambient Operating Temperature
Minimum Ambient Operating Temperature
The coolest temperature in which this appliance can operate. Appliances with a minimum operating temperature of 10°C or higher are not to be used in outdoors. Some appliances can withstand cooler conditions making them ideal for use in garages and sheds.
- Model name / number
- Net storage (freezer)
Net storage (freezer)
Usable freezer volume
- Net storage (fridge)
Net storage (fridge)
Usable fridge volume
- Number of Fridge Shelves
- 3 shelves, 2 drawers, 3 door shelves
- Power Cut Safe Time
Power Cut Safe Time
How long the appliance can keep your food chilled/frozen in case of a power cut.
- 35 hours
- Quiet Mark
- Reversible door
Can be reversed by yourself after delivery, or -selected appliances only - by John Lewis (charge applies)
- Safety glass shelves
Safety glass shelves
Easy to clean and an anti-spillage rim
- Star rating of freezer compartment
Star rating of freezer compartment
From 1 - 4 stars, with 3 keeping food the longest, a 4th star denoting fast freeze capability
- 4 star
- Temperature display
- Temperature warning light
Temperature warning light
Warns you if the internal temperature is too high