Britax Römer DUALFIX iSENSE i-Size Infant Car Seat, Black
Product code: 31550912
- Suitable from approximately 3 months to 4 years old
- Isofix compatible
- R129-compliant (i-Size ready)
- 2 year guarantee
- Compatiable with the FLEX BASE iSENSE (available separately)
The DUALFIX iSENSE is Britax's smartest follow-up seat to use after the BABY-SAFE iSENSE. The seat easily clicks onto the FLEX BASE iSENSE (available separately), and provides superior protection and cosy comfort for many journeys to come, until your child is four years old. The DUALFIX iSENSE meets the R129 standard and features smart lighting technology, allowing your child to see and to be seen.
- iSense – smart lighting technology - The DUALFIX iSENSE features innovative smart lighting technology, allowing your child to see and to be seen. The two interior ambient lights can be turned on to provide additional comfort for your child when driving in the dark. Not only can your little one stay entertained – you can also make sure that all is well at all times. The interior ambient lights can also assist you when harnessing your child in the dark.
- Extended rearward facing - Rearward facing car seats offer the best protection in the event of a frontal collision – the most frequent type of accident on the roads. In a frontal collision with a rearward-facing seat the crash forces are directed to the back of the seat, while the remaining energy is spread evenly across the head, neck and upper body. With a forward-facing seat the energy of the impact is distributed differently across the seat structure and restraint system – potentially resulting in more energy impacting on the child's body. The brand recommends that children should travel rearward facing for as long as possible.
- Soft neoprene performance chest pads - Britax's soft neoprene performance chest pads fit comfortably on your child's chest. They help reduce your child's movement in the event of a collision and adds even greater comfort to the 5-point harness. Plus, they can be easily removed for washing without disturbing the harness.
- Deep, protective side wings - Soft, padded side wings act as a protective cocoon that helps to absorb the force from a side impact, reducing the risk of injuries to your child.
- Superior Side Impact Protection - The integrated SICT inside offers your child superior protection in the event of a side collision. SICT inside keeps your child away from the impact while absorbing energy at the same time. And you don't have to adapt or adjust anything – SICT inside is always ready when you need it.
- V-shaped headrest - Specially designed to control the movement of your child's head, the V-shaped headrest ensures optimal protection in the event of a side collision while providing ultimate comfort at the same time. Plus, the headrest and harness can easily be adjusted from the front of the seat to suit your child's height.
- 5-point harness - A 5-point harness is the safest way to secure your child in a car seat because it keeps your child safe and tight in the seat's protective shell. In the event of a collision, the harness distributes the forces of the impact across 5 points, two at the shoulders, two at the hips and one where the harness buckles between the legs. This helps to protect your child from all directions of impact.
- 360-degree rotation - Your child can easily be placed and harnessed in the seat thanks to the rotation feature, which allows you to turn the car seat to the door. Whilst Britax recommends keeping your little one rearward facing as long as possible, the transition to the forward-facing position is quick and easy when your child is old enough. With a single flick of a switch on the bottom of the base, you can also turn the seat a full 360 degrees.
- Multi-recline positions - Keeping your child comfortable while travelling is a must. That's why this seat was designed with multiple recline positions, forward and rearward facing, that you can adjust with ease – offering a stress-free journey with a happy child.
- Quick-remove cover- Things can get pretty messy on the road. Drinks can spill and children can get car sick. The machine washable seat cover can easily be taken off without removing the harness, so you can clean up quick and get on your way.
- Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment.
- Find your nearest department store.
Car seats adhere to strict safety regulations and conform to one of the following two types of seats:
- Height-based seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation R129. They must be rear-facing until your child is over 15 months old. Your child can use a forward-facing child car seat when they’re over 15 months old. You must check the seat to make sure it’s suitable for the height of your child. i-Size is an enhancement of R129 that makes it easier to confirm your car seat's compatibility with any i-Size approved vehicle - reducing the risk of installing your car seat incorrectly. While all i-Size car seats meet the R129 testing standards, not every R129 car seat is an i-Size compatible seat.
- Weight-based seats - These seats adhere to the R44.04 car seat regulation. The seat your child can use (and the way they must be restrained in it) depends on their weight.
The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's weight or height depending on the regulation chosen.
Car Seat Age Guide:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
Note: This is a rough guide only - please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved in two or more groups or across various height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.
- Baby & Toddler Safety Type
- Travel Safety
- Car Seat Direction
- Forward Facing, Rear Facing, Swivel
- Drying Instructions
- Do not tumble dry
- 2 years
- Height Band
- Isofix compatible
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- R129 Regulation
- R129 compliant
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- 3 months
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat + Isofix Base
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat Only
- Washing Instructions
- Machine washable covers
Britax and Römer have been part of a family since 1978 and BOB since 2011. Now they are making those ties even stronger. As one brand they can go even further in helping parents’ live family life to the full. With innovation in their DNA, they have an unchanging commitment to always going the extra mile.
Britax believes in family life without limits. They aim to drive safety standards to ensure children are protected on the move. They push boundaries in smart design to make life in motion run smoother than ever.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.