Buttermilk Pancakes with Caramelised Bananas by Bill Granger
1 products in this range
How to make Buttermilk Pancakes with Caramelised BananasA rich and indulgent take on the classic pancake, these buttermilk ones are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Serves 4
- 250g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 600ml buttermilk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Put the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and mix together. Add the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter, and whisk to combine.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush a little butter over the base. For each pancake, ladle 80ml of batter into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn, or flip, the pancakes and cook for another minute. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you make the others.
- Slice the bananas on the diagonal into 1.5cm-thick pieces. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, add the bananas and sprinkle with the sugar and vanilla extract. Increase the heat to medium and fry the bananas until they start to caramelise. Drizzle over the maple syrup and toss well.
- Serve the pancakes with the caramelised bananas, Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of sauce.