Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Lens
The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens provides excellent handling and consistently high image quality. Its versatile zoom range makes it a popular choice with professional sports and nature photographers.
- The fluorite and Super UD-glass elements largely eliminate distortions and aberrations. A floating optical system also ensures good picture quality at all focal lengths.
- This lens features a three stop image stabiliser, making this an ideal lens for handheld work. Shutter speeds up to three stops slower than normal can be used with no perceptible increase in image blur. Major movement in a particular direction is automatically interpreted as panning and IS is turned off in this plane.
- A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is also available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
- High contrast, low distortion and good corner-to-corner resolution is evident throughout the zoom range. A virtually circular aperture diaphragm, which is controlled electromagnetically, gives out-of-focus regions a softer, more even feel, and lets in-focus subjects stand out against a blurred background.
- Includes a cylindrical bayonet hood and soft case.
- For use with EF mount Canon DSLR cameras
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Yes- USM
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L189 x Dia.92mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 160-640 mm (APS-C 1.6 crop factor)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Canon EF
- Magnification Information The extent in which the lens can amplify the size of a subject
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 1.8m (5.9')
- Model name / number
- Sensor Format
- Full frame, Canon APS-C
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.