Canon EF 70 200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens
An essential telezoom lens for sports, wildlife or portraits. The EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM is a workhorse telephoto zoom lens designed for professional use. It has a rugged durable design, a four-stop Image Stabiliser and specialised lens elements for dependable results.
- The EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM features a four-stop Image Stabiliser (IS), making it ideal for handheld work. Shutter speeds up to four stops slower can be used without vistually any increase in image blur. When panning horizontally, the IS system can be set to correct only for unwanted vertical shake.
- L-series lenses combine superior performance and great handling, with resistance to dust and moisture.
- The maximum f/2.8 aperture is available at all focal-lengths. This means exposure settings will not change as the lens is zoomed through its range, giving you more consistent shots every time.
- The lens incorporates a single fluorite element and five UD (ultra-low dispersion glass) elements to control colour distortion. The result is crisp, high-contrast images, free of colour fringing and other unwanted effects.
- An ultrasonic motor (USM) powers rapid - near silent - autofocus. Full manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
- Includes a lens hood, removable tripod mount and soft case.
- For use with EF mount Canon DSLR cameras
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Yes- USM
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L199 x Dia.88.8mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- 112-320mm (APS-C 1.6x crop factor)
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 1.2m (3.94')
- Model name / number
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L I
- Sensor Format
- Full frame, Canon APS-C
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.