Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 18MP, 3" LCD Touch Screen, Body Only
Small yet powerful, the Canon EOS 100D brings an especially portable slant to DSLR shooting. It comes loaded with an impressive 18-megapixel APS-C sensor to capture images in true-to-life quality with accurate colouring. An updated processor also makes rapid autofocus and smooth quick-fire shooting a reality. Along with 1080p Full HD video capture, this little wonder puts everything you need to capture that once in a lifetime moment in your hands.
Canons advanced DIGIC 5 Processor works together with an optimised 18-megapixel APS-C sensor to give you richer results from all your shots. This super-fast combination also makes it possible to shoot at up to four frames per second. Ideal for fast moving action.
With a 9-point autofocus system and dual-cross f/2.8 centre point, this camera analyses every frame to ensure that you get the sharpest results from every image. Hybrid CMOS AF II also offers a wider focusing area for increased accuracy.
See your way
The combination of a 3-inch touch screen LCD display and 95% coverage optical viewfinder give you more ways to shoot. Frame shots perfectly like with a traditional DSLR, or use the LCD to capture great portraits and crowd images.
The built-in flash means you’re always ready to shoot, while in camera red-eye reduction even helps to keep everything looking natural. Of course, there’s a standard hot shoe too if you’d rather use your own gear.
White balance control
Simple white balance control lets you achieve the most natural tones with settings for day light, cloudy days, shade, tungsten, and flash, as well as an automatic setting that will accurately alter the white balance to give you the most natural results.
Face detection technology and Scene Intelligent Auto mode ensure that your subject is always the focus of the picture and that every setting is tailored to the situation.
EOS Companion App
The iOS and Android versions of the app serve as both a product enhancer and an educational tool. The education section of the EOS Companion features video tutorials, practical exercises, advice about using a DSLR and some common troubleshooting tips. You can even explore the EOS 100D product-specific section which includes an interactive button guide, compatible accessories and the manual. What’s more, the app is a place for inspiration where you can generate a photo challenge to get even more creative with your photography. To use simply download the app from the Apple Store or Google play and enjoy the wealth of features it has to offer.
The image stabilisation on this camera is Lens Only.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 365 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- USB 2.0
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 4 fps
- H11.6 x W9 x D6.9cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, MOV
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- EOS 100D
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery LP-E8
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 22.3 x 14.9mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30 - 1/4000
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.