Canon EOS 200D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens, 1080p Full HD, 24.2MP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Optical Viewfinder, 3" Vari-angle Touch Screen, Black
Combining the creative power of a DSLR, an ultra-compact body, and the shooting versatility offered by a vari-angle touch screen, Canon's 200D is the perfect camera for adventurous photography on the go. It makes it easy to take more advanced compositions with fantastic quality, whether you're travelling the world or exploring your own neighbourhood. Record movie footage in Full HD, capture that perfect moment with 5 frames-per-second burst shooting and super-sharp autofocus, then share your masterpiece online in an instant. The guided interface even increases your photography know-how as you shoot. All told, the 200D is a powerful, intuitive, feature-packed and fully connected photo companion.
A large 24.2 MP sensor packs the image with super-fine detail. It's capable of a depth of field that's great for professional-style portraits with sharp subjects and elegantly defocussed backgrounds. Canon's super-fast Digic 7 processor, together with a max ISO of 25,600, takes equally fine pictures in low light. Rapid-fire 5 frames-per-second continuous shooting allows you to select just the right split-second composition.
Fast Focussing, Full HD Movies
Dual Pixel CMOS AF achieves stunning speed of Live View autofocus, so the camera is ready to react as fast as you, and you don't miss that golden shot. It also drives the stable, continuous focussing on movies, so brilliantly detailed 1080p Full HD resolution footage is smooth and professionally rendered.
With built-in Wi-Fi, using the Canon Camera Connect app (iOS and Android) an 'always-on' low energy Bluetooth connection with your smart device means you can send your work to your phone or tablet instantly and share your latest pictures and movies with your friends straight away. Or even use your mobile device as a control to operate the camera remotely.
It's a perfect camera for photographers wanting to begin exploring the rich rewards of DSLR shooting. Its guided interface teaches the user how camera settings work as you shoot, so, not only does your creative photography increase, but your skills and knowledge do too.
Compact Body, Intuitive Control
The 200D is designed to offer the creativity afforded by DSLR photography in a light, ultra-compact and easy-to-use package. So it's great for travelling with, taking to events or just keeping with you when you're out and about. A vari-angle screen allows you to shoot from more unorthodox angles to add more dynamic perspectives to your work. And with touch functionality, it feels and responds just like your smart phone screen. Alternatively, line up the shot by eye with its bright, lag-free optical viewfinder.
Versatile Zoom Lens
This camera comes with the versatile EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III zoom lens to get you shooting right out of the box. It's a fantastic all-round lens that's equally good for wide angle landscapes and close-up portraits.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens, Eyecup EF, Camera Cover R-F-3, Wide Strap EW-400D, Battery Charger LP-E17 (with battery cover), Battery Pack LP-E17E, Power Cable, User Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Viewfinder: Approx. 650 shots (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%) (5) Viewfinder: Approx. 620 shots (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%) Live View: Approx 260 shots (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%) Live View: Approx 240 shots (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- High Speed USB (USB 2.0), HDMI Mini Out, Mic In (3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 5 fps
- Packaged: H14.8 x W22.2 x D16.6cm. Unpackaged: H92.6 x W122.4 x D69.8cm (Body Only)
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- 3:2 Clear View II TFT Vari-angle Touch Screen, Approx 1040k sRGB dots
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Stills: RAW, JPEG. Movies: MP4, MOV
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- EF-S Lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible)
- Model name / number
- EOS 200D
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 22.3mm x 14.9mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, SCN (11 modes), Creative filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie), Self Portrait
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 456g approx. (Body Only). 670g approx. (with Lens)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.