Canon EOS 5D MK III Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 22.3MP, 3.2" LCD Screen, Body Only
The Canon EOS 5D Mark III boasts a staggering 22.3 megapixel resolution and crisp Full HD 1080 video recording, enclosed within a super sleek, sturdy magnesium alloy body making it the perfect DSLR choice for the passionate professional or amateur photographer.
Stunning Picture Quality
Capture high-quality images that are full of detail with a 22.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+ image processor. Colours are bright but natural, and fine detail is preserved even in dark shadow areas and bright highlights. The EOS 5D Mark III delivers superb picture quality whatever the lighting conditions. Keep shooting hand-held even after the sun goes down, thanks to an ISO 100–25,600 sensitivity range (extendable to ISO 102,400).
Focus quickly and accurately, even on off-centre subjects, with a 61 point wide-area autofocus system. 41 cross-type points (five of which are extra sensitive double-cross type) ensure highly accurate tracking of moving objects. Keep up with the action at 6fps recording up to 16,270 continuous JPEG images to a UDMA mode 7 card in a single burst.
Fabulous Full HD Video
Enjoy high quality Full HD video at 1080p resolution. Use manual controls and Canon’s comprehensive EF lens range to achieve cinematic visual effects. Give your video footage the soundtrack it deserves. The EOS 5D Mark III records digital stereo sound at 48KHz and offers manual control over audio level. A standard 3.5mm mic socket enables the use of third-party microphones; a headphone socket permits audio monitoring while recording.
Begin your digital editing workflow before you arrive back home. Rate your images on a scale of one to five and compare two images simultaneously on screen. Use in-camera Raw processing to explore creative possibilities – such as black & white conversion and retrospective white balance.
A magnesium chassis provides strength and durability without adding weight. Weather sealing offers protection against dust and moisture.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 900 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Yes, with optional add-on
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI, USB
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 6 fps
- H15.2 x W11.6 x D7.6cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, MOV
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- EOS5D 2764B015AA
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- EOS 5D MKIII
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 36 x 24 mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30 - 1/8000
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Wednesday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Wednesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.