Canon EOS 6D MK II Digital SLR Camera, GPS, 1080p Full HD, 26.2MP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, 3" Vari-angle Touch Screen, Body Only
Canon's 6D Mark II is a superb evolution of their classic. With supreme image quality, it's a highly versatile camera that's ideal for professionals starting out, or adventurous amateurs who want to explore the expanded creative potential of DSLR shooting. A full frame sensor packs the image with glorious detail and enhanced dynamic range. Fast and sharp autofocus tracks your subject with precision, and with high ISO sensitivity it excels in low light conditions too. Shoot sparkling 1080p Full HD movies, steadied by image stabilisation, or experiment with the innovative 4K Time-lapse feature. Share your work instantly wherever you are with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi built-in, and while you're there, geotag your pictures to record your travels with GPS location tech. Speedy, robust, capturing beautiful visuals, the 6D Mark II gives you all you need to take your photography to the exciting and ambitious next level.
Full Frame Image Quality
Taking full advantage of the full frame sensor, the image is crammed with 26.2 megapixels of pin-sharp detail. With an increased dynamic range, compositions exude depth and life-like clarity, while a maximum ISO of 40,000 ensures low visual noise in low light conditions. It can deliver beautifully shallow depth-of-field for a wide range of creative focussing, and with a continuous shooting speed of 6.5 frames per second, you'll nail that split-second moment of perfection. Processing is handled by Canon's Digic 7 with increased pace and efficiency.
Rapid, Precise Autofocus
The autofocus potential of the Mark II has been hugely increased on the 6D, now incorporating 45 cross-type focus points. Track people, animals or objects as they move within the frame, shoot with confidence at night, or when using shallow depth-of-field. Speedy and sharp, the 6D Mark II's AF system locks onto your subject with consistent speed and precision.
Fabulous Full HD & 4K Time-lapse Movies
Shoot pro quality movies in sparkling 1080p Full HD resolution. And this is where the shallow depth-of-field potential comes into its own, giving your footage the mark of professional video. Dual Pixel CMOS AF ensures focus transitions are lush and smooth, while a 5-axis Digital Stabiliser keeps your movies steadied and blur-free when shooting hand-held. Innovatively, you can create stunning Time-lapse movies in 4K resolution, to capture dramatic sped-up scenes of crowd movement or the changing landscape.
Intelligent Viewfinder, Vari-angle Touch Screen
A large pentaprism viewfinder offers a remarkably clear viewpoint of the scene, for more instinctive, intuitive shooting. A great addition is the vari-angle LCD touch screen which frees you to shoot from any angle. Take pictures from above head height or down low for a more original perspective. It increases the scope of more creative shooting hugely.
Easy Shoot & Share
With built-in Wi-Fi, using the Canon Camera Connect app (iOS and Android) an 'always-on' low energy Bluetooth connection with your smart device means you can send your work to your phone or tablet instantly and share your latest pictures and movies with your friends straight away. Or even use your mobile device as a control to operate the camera remotely.
Wherever you shoot in the world you can geotag the image with your location thanks to built-in GPS. Great if you need to retrace your steps, or wish to add accurate caption data to your images. Protected by a dust and moisture-sealed body, the Canon 6D Mark II excels out in the field, in all conditions.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Eyecup Eb, Camera Cover R-F-3, Camera Strap, Battery Pack LP-E6N, Battery Charger LC-E6E, User Manual Kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 1200 shots approx. (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%), 1100 shots approx. (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6N
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0), HDMI Output (Type-C), External Microphone (3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 6.5 fps
- Packaged: H15 x W18.2 x D24.8cm. Unpackaged: H11.05 x W14.4 x D7.48cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- Touch Screen Vari-angle 3:2 Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040K dots
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Stills: RAW, JPEG. Movies: MP4, MOV
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- 40,000 (expandable to 102,400)
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC or SDXC (UHS-I) card
- Model name / number
- EOS 6D MK II
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 35.9 x 24.0mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto, Creative Auto, Special Scene (12 modes), Program AE, Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual exposure, Bulb exposure, Custom (C1/C2)
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Movies: 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.976 fps). Time-lapse: 3840 x 2160 (29.97, 25 fps) Motion JPEG
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 765g approx. (including battery and card)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.