Canon EOS 700D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm STM Lens, HD 1080p, 18MP, 3" LCD Touch Screen
An instant all-round classic, the Canon EOS 700D refreshes everything that made the 650D great with clever design touches and boosted specs. It comes loaded with a powerful 18-megapixel sensor to capture images in true-to-life quality with accurate colouring. A powerful processor also makes rapid autofocus and smooth quick-fire shooting a reality. The EOS 700D even supports Full HD video capture with autofocus support for pin sharp results whether making a home movie or shooting stills.
This camera comes with a versatile 18-55mm image stabilising (IS) STM lens to get you shooting right out of the box, and because it's IS, all your images will turn out razor sharp.
- Canons advanced DIGIC 5 Processor works together with an optimised 18-megapixel sensor to give you richer results from all your shots. This super-fast combination also makes it possible to shoot at up to five frames per second. Ideal for fast moving action.
- With a 9-point Autofocus system and dual-cross f/2.8 centre point, this camera analyses every frame to ensure that you get the sharpest results from every image. Hybrid CMOS AF II also offers a wider focusing area for increased accuracy.
- The flip-out 3-inch 1.04 million dot touch screen LCD display give you more ways to shoot. Frame shots perfectly like with a traditional DSLR, or use the LCD to capture great self portraits and crowd images.
- With a 30-1/4000 seconds shutter speed and 1/200 second flash sync there’s no excuse not to capture the most precise snaps of those once-in-a-lifetime moments.
- An ISO range of 100 to 12800 (extendable to ISO 25600) gives you the ability to take quality shots in just about all light conditions.
- Tap into your creative side with the D700’s range of built-in shooting modes. Sports is ideal for fast moving action, close-up helps to keep everything in perspective, while the clever Scene Intelligent Auto mode gets rid of the guesswork completely by selecting just the right settings.
- Includes lens, cable with UK plug, battery, battery cover, AV cable, interface cable, Digital Solution disk and software manual.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Eyecup, Camera Cover, Wide Strap, Battery Charger, AC Cable, Battery Pack, Battery Cover, Interface Cable, User Manual Kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 420 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Mac OS X (v10.6-10.8), Windows XP SP3 - Windows 8
- USB 2.0
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 5 fps
- H13.3 x W9.9 x D7.9cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, MOV
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 3.5 - f/ 5.6
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 18-55mm (APS-C)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- EF-S STM
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- EOS 700D
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- 1x LP-E8 lithium-ion battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Yes - with red-eye reduction lamp
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 22.3 x 14.9mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30 - 1/4000
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.