Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm Lens, HD 1080p, 24.2MP, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" Vari-Angle Touchscreen
Kickstart your push for professional photography with Canon’s highly-versatile DSLR. Packed with a high-grade CMOS sensor, top-range Intelligent Viewfinder and nifty wireless features, this camera will thrive in any scene. Crack awkward angles with the touchscreen monitor, hone in on the action with the lightning autofocus then shoot pin-sharp shots with the 24.2MP. This even comes with a versatile 18-55mm lens, letting you snap straight out of the box. Whether you’re an interested amateur or a seasoned specialist, this powerhouse camera would be a limitless outlet of your creativity.
Complete Photographic Suite
Built to flex your imagination, the EOS 80D has all the state-of-the-art features to make your photos wonderful. The top-shelf APS-C CMOS sensor is packed with 24.2MP to give wide, super-crisp shots, while the broad 16000 ISO and Flicker Detection lets you shoot in low-light scenes with delightful detail. Buoyed by a DIGIC 6 processor and built-in flash, this powerful bit of kit has the versatility to keep up with whatever you want to snap, and pull off photo-after-photo with eye-popping brilliance.
Fluid, Rapid Autofocus
With this camera’s sophisticated auto-features, you don’t need to be an expert to deliver stunning shots. Its seamless 45-point autofocus system detects your subject and surroundings, then optimises the snap in seconds. This way, you’ll pull off professional pictures in an instant. Furthermore, its 7fps continuous shooting will let you capture split-second action then cherry-pick your favourite moments. While these hyper-responsive features make the camera accessible for beginners, experts can flick onto the manual setting to take more control. The power is in your hands.
Versatile 18-55mm Kit Lens
Canon’s included 18-55mm lens is an all-round treat that will get you going with fine precision. As the 3x optical zoom gets you closer to your subject wherever you are, the large f3.5 – f5.6 aperture range gives you beautiful landscape and portrait shots. To protect your pictures from handshake, this lens has a built-in image stabiliser that steadies blur and keeps your shots sharp. This way, you can leave your tripod at home and take handheld photos without fear of smudge.
Superb Intelligent Viewfinder & Monitor
There’s nothing more frustrating than a picture not coming out as you imagined it. Canon’s Intelligent Viewfinder keeps the craft in your hands with the 100% frame coverage and instant display of shot settings. So, you’ll be able tinker with your snap easily, and keep creative control throughout. Furthermore, as the crisp 3” touchscreen monitor can be twisted-and-turned, you’ll get into any awkward angle you can muster.
The EOS 80D’s Wi-Fi and NFC lets you share your images instantly. Post your best content onto social networking sites through Wi-Fi in an instant. Or, you can simply tap devices together to review and transfer media to a Smartphone, Tablet or Canon Connect Station.
Full HD Movies
Tap into your inner-Kubrick with this camera’s sophisticated film-making tool. In crisp 1080p, you can make smooth-action clips, add slow-motion effects and even play with a range of creative filters. The Autofocus system tracks moving subjects too, so you’ll keep the focus on what’s important. Other settings include the clip-quickening Timelapse mode and colour-popping HDR.
- Powerful CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor
- High 16,000 ISO level gives staggering low-light results
- Rapid 45-point autofocus
- Intuitive Vari-Angle Touchscreen display lets you shoot from tough angles
- Wireless sharing through Wi-Fi and NFC
- Fabulous Full HD Video
- 18-55mm lens included
The image stabilisation on this camera is Lens Only.
Lenses and cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be; the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Eyecup Eb, Camera Cover R-F-3, Wide Strap EW-EOS, 80DBattery Pack LP-E6N, Battery Charger LC-E6E, Power Cord
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 960 shots
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6N (included)
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Video output, HDMI mini output, external microphone, headphone socket, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H10.5 x W13.9 x D7.8cm (excluding lens)
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- 3" Touchscreen Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG & RAW
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- 3.5 - 5.6
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- EF-S IS Kit Lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- EOS 80D
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion Battery LP-E6N
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 22.3mm x 14.9 mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, SCN(Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Food, Kids, Candlelight), Creative filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Apert
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30-1/8000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Full HD, 1080p
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Electronic, 100% frame coverage
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 730g (including battery and memory card)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.