Canon EOS M10 Compact System Camera with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Wide Angle Zoom Lens, HD 1080p, 18MP, NFC, Wi-Fi, 3" Touch Screen
We like it because...
it delivers the performance of a DSLR and the portability of a compact camera
The Canon EOS M10 enters you in to a world of simplicity and creativity. It’s a compact system camera which combines DSLR performance with effortless portability so you can connect, shoot and share stunning images. With an APS-C sized 18-megapixel CMOS sensor and an abundance of other great photo tech, you’ll be able to experience a powerful performance for your stills and frames ambitions.
Capture the details When using the EOS M10, you’ll be able to capture stunning photos and movies which are packed with detail, colour and atmosphere. This is with thanks to an APS-C sized 18-megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor. You will even be able to shoot in low light conditions with an ISO up to 12800 (expandable to 25600).
Better still, with its EF-M 15-45mm wide angle zoom lens, you will be able to capture everything from dramatic landscapes and beautiful portraits to fast paced action. Movies will be smooth and steady, and images will be pin-sharp as a result from the Optical Image Stablizer. And with its super fast AF, those spontaneus moments will be within easy reach.
Simple and creative control With its simple, refined ergonomics and a 3.0” intuitive touchscreen that tilts up through 180˚, the EOS M10 is made to capture in a way which suits you. The touch screen enables you to focus, shoot and easily navigate with a simple tap – it makes for great selfies too. And the Hybrid CMOS AF II is on hand to embrace to spontaneity. Removing any complexity which remains in photography is Creative Assistant which uses simple language to make experimenting with settings via the touch screen easy. It even lets you preview results in real time.
Wireless capabilities Using NFC and Wi-Fi, you’ll be able to instantly connect to your Smartphone or tablet with just one tap. This will enable you to share photos and movies, and even remotely shoot. With the Canon Camera Connect app on your Smartphone, you are granted full creative control and Touch AF; it’s ideal for capturing group shots or wildlife. And through Wi-Fi, you can automatically back up your images to cloud services such as Flickr and Google Drive with Image Sync.
Get creative There are even modes available so you can get the most out of your photography. With HDR mode, or Handheld Night Scene, you can take great lowlight shots all without having to fix the camera on a tripod or a steady surface. And Self Portrait mode lets you adjust brightness levels and smooth skin.
Full HD movies Shooting movies is just as simple as shooting photos with this compact system camera. Enjoy creating superb Full HD (1080p) movies at 30fps in MP4 format, with a smooth autofocus too thanks to Hybrid CMOS AF II Touch AF. You can even use MF Peaking which manually focuses to highlight in–focus areas and achieve pin sharp results. Leverage the manual control on offer by using wide aperture settings to create scenes with beautiful background blur. Or change shutter speeds while filming to control the overall flow of the movie.
- Shoot in 14-bit RAW for advanced post shot editing
- Change the attached lens to change your view
The image stabilisation on this camera is Lens Only.
Lenses and cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Lens Cap E-49;Lens Dust Cap EB;Camera Cover R-F-4;Strap EM-200DB;Battery Charger LC-E12E;Power Cable;Battery Pack LP-E12;Terminal Cover;Interface Cable IFC-400PCU;User Manual Kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 225 shots
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E12
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- Care instructions
- 1x USB, NFC, Wi-Fi
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H3.5 x W6.7 x D10.8cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" touch screen
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW + various JPEG compression possible
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- wide angle zoom
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- EOS M10
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery
- EOS M
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 22.3 x 14.9mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode (Stills and Movie), Creative Assist (Stills and Movie), Hybrid Auto, Self Portrait, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Handheld Night Scene, Food, HDR, Fish-eye Effect, Art Bold Effect, Water Painting Effect, Miniature Eff
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 30-1/4000 sec in 1/3 stop increments (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Approx. 301g (Body only)
- Wi-Fi enabled
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.