Canon EOS M3 Camera with EF-M 15-45mm IS STEM Lens, HD 1080p, 24.2MP, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" LCD Screen
We like it because...
it delivers the performance of a DSLR and the portability of a compact camera
The Canon EOS M camera is small enough to carry with you anywhere, and features a range of creative controls and great low-light performance. Enjoy the quality of a digital SLR camera in a compact body and achieve the shots you want with interchangeable lenses.
This camera comes with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM standard zoom lens which combines Canon’s leading Optical Image Stabilizer and Stepping Motor (STM) technologies to deliver minimal image blur and smooth, near-silent focus in movie making.
Capture images detailed enough to print up to A2 size with vivid clarity. The APS-C sized 18-megapixel sensor shares the same dimensions as those used in EOS DSLR cameras, so you’ll get the same brilliant image quality.
Easy to use
With simple controls, the camera is easy to use so you can take quick, hassle-free photos. The 3-inch touch screen provides intuitive control over the menus, and allows you to focus on your subject and take the picture with a single tap.
You’ll not only be able to take stunning still photography with this camera, but you’ll also be able to shoot Full-HD movies too. Experiment with creative features such as shallow focus. With the Video Snapshot feature, you can shoot several short clips of 2, 4 or 8 seconds in length, edit them and turn them into a video slideshow.
Scene Intelligent Auto technology analyses the subject, brightness, colour and movement in the photo you are composing, and uses the information to pick the optimum camera settings so that you get the best results possible.
Easy-to-use controls let you achieve a range of creative effects on your photos, such as smooth, out-of-focus backgrounds, to create stunningly beautiful images.
Even in low light levels, the EOS M will continue to perform well and deliver high-quality stills and frames. The hybrid autofocus keeps you photographs sharp and evaluative exposure metering will select the best aperture and shutter speed. A maximum sensitivity of ISO 12,800, which is expandable to ISO 25600, allows you to take hand-held photos in low-light conditions without the need for a tripod or flash.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Eyecup Ef, Camera cover R-F-3, Wide Strap EW-300D, Battery Pack LP-E17, Battery Cover, Battery Charger LC-E17, Power cable for battery charger, Interface cable IFC-130U, User manual kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 230
- Battery Size & Number
- Battery Pack LP-E17
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB, HDMI-CEC, 3.5mm Stereo mini jack
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 4.2 fps
- Packaged: H4.4 x W11.1 x D6.8cm. Unpackaged: H14.3 x W16.8 x D23.8cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3.0" LCD
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.30 compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0), RAW: RAW (14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition), Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- standard zoom
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD / SDHC
- Model name / number
- EOS M3
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion LP-E17 battery
- EOS M
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 22.3 x 14.9mm
- Sensor Type
- Hybrid CMOS AF III
- Shooting Modes
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode (Stills and Movie), Creative Assist: Hybrid Auto, SCN(Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Handheld Night Scene, Food), Creative Filters (Art Bold, Water painting, Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Toy camera, Miniature, Fish-eye
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Max. Approx. 4.2fps for approx. 1000 JPEG images, 5 images RAW
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- HD 1080p
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Packaged: 0.83kg. Unpackaged: 0.48kg
- Wi-Fi enabled
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy