Canon IXUS 285 HS Digital Camera Kit, Full HD 1080p, 20.2MP, 12x Optical Zoom, 24x Zoom Plus, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" LCD Screen With Leather Case & 8GB SD Card, Purple
Canon’s IXUS 285 HS takes compact camera technology to another universe of pocket-sized brilliance. Snap stunning 20.2 megapixel shots, shoot crisp Full HD video and share memories wirelessly through Wi-Fi and NFC. Explore the boosted 12x optical zoom to get the right shot near or far, then experiment with the rich range of creative filters to express your arty side. Its DSLR-like CMOS sensor and added Auto-Modes like Creative Shot and Hybrid Auto make this complete photographic suite. This kit comes with a leather soft case and 8GB SD Card too, so you can keep your content safe and stored straight away.
Slim, compact and stylish, the IXUS 285 HS captures the superb quality and detailed images perfect for large-scale prints or creative cropping. This is down to the 20 Megapixel sensor, powerful DIGIC 4+ processor and professional-grade CMOS sensor. These all offer improved speed, performance and functionality. Furthermore, the Intelligent Image Stabiliser irons out blur to ensure ultra-crisp shots every time.
Shoot every moment with ease using the flexibility of a 25mm wide zoom lens. Get nearer to distant subjects using the 12x optical zoom or get even closer, without any loss of quality, with the 24x ZoomPlus.
Anyone can effortlessly shoot high quality photos or movies with Smart Auto, which detects the scene and automatically selects the right settings from 32 variables. Press the Auto button to return instantly to Smart Auto from any other mode. There’s also an Auto-Zoom mode, so you can frame the perfect shot in an instant. Use the Creative Shot mode to make the camera emphasise the subject and add special effects or the fun Hybrid Auto mode, which records two 4-second clips before each shot to give each day a short film! Press the Help button to get quick, easy-to-follow guidance on using your camera and its functions.
Simple Wireless Sharing With this camera’s Wi-Fi and NFC, you’ll never need to fumble with USB cables to share your snaps again. Just connect it to your smart device to get your content shared in an instant. You can even download the Canon Connect app (iOS & Android) on your smartphone or tablet, then link it to your IXUS 180 to access such great features as remote shooting or GPS. This camera also offers Image Sync – a service that lets you back-up images wirelessly to wherever you like, such as Flickr, Google Drive or your smartphone.
Vibrant 3” LCD Screen
Share your captured moments with friends on the 7.5 cm (3”) LCD screen. You can experiment with picture settings such as brightness and colour intensity, and preview the results while framing using Live View Control.
Full HD Video
Instantly record high-quality Full HD movies (1080p) with optical zoom by pressing the dedicated movie button. Your footage stays steady too with the Dynamic Image Stabilizer. This way, you precious moments won’t be marred by shakiness. Furthermore, the camera’s nifty HDMI port lets you share such content at the highest quality.
Experiment and have fun with a range of creative modes such as Fish-eye Effect, Super Vivid, Fireworks or Monochrome. Miniature Effect makes scenes in stills or movies look like miniature scale models, giving loads of fun!
The Face Detection feature detects multiple faces in a single frame and ensures they stay in focus, so that you can capture great shots of friends. It ensures they’re captured with optimum brightness and skin tones are natural in all lighting conditions.
Eco Mode reduces battery consumption so that the camera can last longer without needing to be recharged. This makes it great for day trips as you'll be able to capture more shots with a single charge.
- 20.2 Megapixel, DIGIC 4+ Processor and CMOS sensor delivers rapid power
- 25mm Wide Zoom lens packs in 12x optical zoom and 24x Zoom Plus
- Intelligent and Dynamic Image Stabilisers make your work extra-crisp
- Suite of auto-shooting options to make it quick and easy to operate
- Wi-Fi & NFC offer state-of-the-art sharing options
- Shoots crisp Full HD (1080p) video
- Leather case and 8GB SD Card included
Camera Cases Treat yourself to a second case.Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Leather Soft Case, 8GB SD Card, Wrist Strap WS-800, Battery Pack NB-11LH, Battery Charger CB-2LFE, AC Cable, User Manual
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 180 shots. Eco Mode: approx. 265 shots. Playback Mode: approx. 240min
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery NB-11LH
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 SPI. Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11.
- Hi-Speed USB Composite Connector (Mini-B Compatible), HDMI Micro (Type-D) Connector, A/V Output, Composite Connector (PAL/NTSC), Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11b/g/n), NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 2.5 shots/s. High-Speed Burst: 7.2 shots/s
- H5.8 x W9.96 x D2.28cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD (TFT), approx. 461,000 dots
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/3.6 - f/7.0
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 4.5 - 54mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Wide Angle Zoom
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- IXUS 285 HS
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- 1/2.3 type back illuminated CMOS
- Shooting Modes
- Hybrid Auto, Creative Shot, Smart Auto (32 scenes detected), P, Portrait, FaceSelf-Timer, Low Light (5.0 MP), Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1 1/2000 s (factory default), 15 1/2000 s (total range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Full HD, 1080p
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 147g approx. (including battery and memory card)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.