Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera, HD 1080p, 20MP, 4.2X Optical Zoom, DIGIC 7 Processor, NFC, Wi-Fi, 3” LCD Screen
With its huge sensor, compact profile and revamped interface, Canon’s G7 X II is perfect choice for pretty, probing street photography. Features like NFC and Wi-Fi complement DSLR-grade performance, while tactile control rings keep you in control.
Pocket-Sized Professional Power
This camera’s DSLR-like sensor and all-new DIGIC 7 processor ensures superb performance right up to ISO 12800. Its bright f/1.8-2.8 lens makes the most of available ambient light to deliver stunning colour-clarity, whatever the conditions. As the 4-stop Intelligent Image Stabiliser (IS) selects the optimum mode from 8 options to reduce camera shake, this top-tech shooter is perfect handheld or on a tripod.
Hone in on the action, wherever you’re standing, with the ultra-wide-angle lens’ 4.2x optical zoom. Its large aperture lets you tinker with depth-of-field too, so you can craft beautiful bokeh shots with blurred background. Canon’s precision technology and advanced lens knowledge make every image sharp, whether it a sweeping landscape or intimate portrait.
Seamless Wireless Sharing
Initiate a Wi-Fi connection between the PowerShot G7 X II and a compatible smart device using the camera’s dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button. Once connected, the Canon CameraWindow app lets you control it wirelessly from up to 5m away, so you get into awkward angles comfortably or record wildlife from your sofa, for example. Furthermore, you can share you snaps in an instant through NFC by simply tapping a compatible device on the camera. This way, it will be much easier to keep your friends and family in the loop of your adventures.
Tilting Touch Screen
The high-spec LCD touch-screen uses sRGB colour reproduction for excellent colour accuracy, image clarity and contrast. Its 45º tilt screen and intuitive controls make the G7 X II easy-to-use and highly-effective at unusual angles.
Building on the exceptional tech of its predecessor, the G7 X II has added a front grip and revamped control ring. This front-lever lets you select smooth or stepped rotation in an instant, while the grip makes the body more ergonomic. Furthermore, you’ll be granted creative control with the dual-function Lens Control Ring. This way, it’s even easier to handle, and tinker with, this camera.
Fashion Flair In Your Snaps
Experiment with advanced shooting modes and discover new creative possibilities. Hand-held HDR and Background Defocus modes capture multiple pictures in quick succession and merge them together for a professional-looking result. Star modes provide an easy route into capturing spectacular astrophotography.
Full HD Movies
Shoot stunning clips in 1080p Full HD and capture epic moments with exhaustive detail. You can even make time-lapse movies, where long recordings, like a sunset, are sped-up with beautiful results.
14-bit RAW files and Canon DPP software maximise quality during post-production and seamlessly integrate into your existing editing or printing workflows.
- DSLR-size 1-inch sensor gives crystal-clarity
- Versatile, 4.2x optical zoom lens
- Debuts the super-fast DIGIC 7 image processor
- Bluetooth and NFC makes sharing seamless
- Lightweight and intuitive build
- Crisp, Full HD movie-making
- Suite of creativity options to play with
- Responsive tilting touch screen
Protect your new camera with one of our cases.Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Wrist Strap WS-DC12, Battery Pack NB-13L, Battery Charger CB-2LHE, AC Cable, User Manual Kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 240 shots
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- 1 x USB, 1 x HDMI Micro, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Packaged: H8.1 x W14.6 x D15.9cm. Unpackaged: H4.2 x W6.1 x D10.6cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Vari-Angle 3" Touchscreen LCD
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 8.8 - 36.8mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Wide Angle Zoom
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- PowerShot G7 X Mark II
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion NB-13L battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 1" Type
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Smart Auto (58 scenes detected), Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual, Custom, Hybrid Auto, Creative Shot, SCN (Portrait, Self-Portrait, Panning, Star (Star Portrait, Star Nightscape, Star Trails, Star Time-Lapse Movie), Handheld
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1 1/2000 s (factory default)1/8 -1/2000 s (Movie Mode)BULB, 30 1/2000 s (total range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Full HD, 1080p
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- No - attachment available separately
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Packaged: 650g. Unpackaged: 0.32kg
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.