Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II Digital Camera, 1080p, 20MP, 3x Optical Zoom, OIS, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi, 3" Touch Screen, Tan
The Canon Powershot G9 X Mark II marries superb image quality with timeless, retro, ultra-stylish design. Slipping effortlessly into your pocket, and with a host of connection options for easy sharing, it's the perfect smartphone companion. An abundance of photography tech is packed into its slimmed-down body, and with an improved processor on the previous model, you'll be able to capture superb shots in any light, and faster. Despite its compact size, compelling, smooth Full HD movies are a breeze thanks to its 5 axis Advanced Dynamic Image Stabilisation and dedicated shooting functions. And with a host of creative features, once you’ve accomplished your artistic ambitions, you can effortlessly share them with the world across a wireless connection of your choice, including Bluetooth.
The large 1.0-type 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor is backed up by a DIGIC 7 processor for faster results. Burst shooting can capture images at a superfast 8.1 frames per second (up to a whopping 38 shots in one go), while autofocus takes just 0.14sec. Working with premium optics which feature a bright f/2.0 lens and 3x optical zoom, you’ll be capturing crisp, clear shots in any environment. Together with an intelligent Optical Image Stabiliser, stills and frames will display a steady hold too – even when handheld or in low light conditions. And the Smart Auto feature recognises 58 different scene types to optimise your photo based on its style and composition.
The G9 X Mark II boasts the full suite of wireless connectivity options. Using NFC and Wi-Fi, you’ll be able to connect to your Smartphone or tablet, or use Bluetooth to maintain a constant low-level connection. This will enable you to share photos and movies instantly and even shoot remotely. With the Canon Camera Connect app on your Smartphone, you are granted full creative control and Touch AF; it’s ideal for capturing group shots or wildlife. And through Wi-Fi, you can automatically back up your images to cloud services such as Flickr and Google Drive with Image Sync.
Full HD Films
Create compelling movies in glorious 1080p Full HD, which are smooth and steady. Thanks to a 5 Axis Advanced Dynamic IS, you’ll be able to shoot quality movies handheld or on the move. Improved tracking capabilities ensure your subjects stay in focus and with various movie shooting modes including Short Clip and Time-Lapse, you can add professional effects to your footage.
The intuitive LCD touch screen on the rear offers full control over all settings. Or if you prefer to be more hands on, the lens ring gives satisfying manual control over aperture, shutter speed and zoom. It's completely up to you how manual or automatic you like it set up. And to ensure you don't run out of power, the G9 X Mark II conveniently charges via USB.
- Accessories Included
- Wrist Strap WS-DC12, Battery Pack NB-13L, Battery Charger CB-2LHE, AC Cable, User Manual Kit
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 235 shots (approx). Eco mode: 355 shots (approx). 300 minutes (approx) playback
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NB-13L
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- 1x high-speed USB, HDMI Micro Connector, Wi-Fi, Dynamic NFC, Bluetooth 4.1
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 8.1 (JPEG), 8.2 (RAW)
- H3.13 x W9.8 x D5.79cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- TFT LCD Touchscreen. 3:2 aspect ratio. Approx. 1,040,000 dots
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Stills; JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW. Movies: MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/2.0 -f/4.9
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 10.2–30.6mm (35mm equivalent: 28–84mm)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Wide-Angle Zoom
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- G9 X Mark II
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- 1.0 type back-illuminated CMOS
- Shooting Modes
- Smart Auto (58 scenes detected), Hybrid Auto, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual, Custom, SCN (17 modes), Movie (5 modes)
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1–1/2000sec (Auto Mode). 1/8-1/2000sec (Movie Mode). Bulb: 30 – 1/2000sec (total range varies by shooting mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1920 x 1080p
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 206g approx. (including battery and memory card)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.