Canon PowerShot SX520 HS Bridge Camera, HD 1080p, 16MP, 42x Optical Zoom, 3" LCD Screen, Black
The versatile Canon PowerShot SX520 HS is ideal for any occasion. With a range of shooting modes, a wide angle lens with huge optical zoom and 16 megapixel CMOS sensor, the SX520 is great for anyone from photography beginners to enthusiasts who want more control.
Capture fine details from further away
The incredible 42x optical zoom lens makes the SX520 ideal for getting close up shots of your subject without disturbing them. You can also get twice as close with minimal quality loss using ZoomPlus.
Keep track of moving objects
Following a moving subject while zoomed in can normally be tricky. With Zoom Framing Assist on the SX520, the camera will quickly zoom out by holding down a button, so you can relocate your subject and then zoom back in. Auto mode will automatically zoom out when your subject leaves the frame and help you keep it at a preset size.
Brilliant in any light
HS System excels in low light, allowing you to capture the real atmosphere of the moment without flash or a tripod. A high performance DIGIC 4+ image processor and high-sensitivity 16 megapixel backlit CMOS image sensor give superior image quality in all situations.
An ergonomic grip makes the SX520 comfortable to hold and easier to keep steady, even when shooting at full zoom. Combined with the intelligent Optical Image Stabiliser, which automatically adapts to movement and camera shake, you can be sure that the SX520 will produce sharp, detailed photos and videos.
Produce great images with ease
Smart Auto mode chooses the perfect camera settings for you, whatever the scene, so you can shoot stunning photos and videos with ease. The SX520 features a wide range of modes, including various creative modes such as Fish Eye and miniature scale model effects and Full Manual, which will allow you to experiment with settings and take your creativity to the next level.
Unleash your creativity
Intelligent creative modes will help you show off your creative flair. Creative Shot captures six images of the same subject with various effects, while Hybrid Auto generates a fun HD movie summary of your day of shooting to show off to friends and family.
Full HD movies
Easily record Full HD movies (1080p) with stereo sound and optical zoom, with one touch of the Movie Record button. Enhanced Dynamic IS powerfully compensates for movement in movies for smooth results when shooting on the move.
Seize every shot
Capture the moment thanks to high speed shooting, which can capture 1.6 shots a second at full resolution, or an incredible 10 shots a second at a lower resolution.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Neck Strap NS-DC11, Lens Cap, Battery Pack NB-6LH, Battery Charger CB-2LYE, AC Cable, User Manual Kit
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 210 shots per charge (290 in eco mode) or 300 min. playback
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery NB-6LH (battery and charger supplied)
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 8 / 8.1 / 7 SP1. Mac OS X 10.8 / 10.9
- USB, HDMI mini out, AV
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Approx. 1.6 shots/sec at full resolution. High-speed Burst (4.0MP): 10.0 shots/sec., up to 117 shots
- H81.7 x W120 x D91.9 mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/3.4 - f/6.0
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 4.3-180.6 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-1008 mm)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Wide angle zoom
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- PowerShot SX520 HS
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Back-illuminated CMOS
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1-1/2000 sec. (factory default). 15-1/2000 sec. (total range – varies by shooting mode)
- Smart Cameras - Wi-Fi enabled
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Monday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.