Carrot & Coriander Soup by Meyer
Tip: If you have a hand held blender you will be able to blend the soup in the pan – much quicker and easier than using a food processor.
- 1 kg carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 400 ml vegetable stock
-Handful fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
1) Peel the carrots and cut into small pieces.
2) Heat the oil in the pan, add the carrots, onion and garlic, cover and cook gently until slightly soft, about 10 minutes.
3) Add the coconut milk and a little stock and cook for 20 minutes.
4) Spoon some of the vegetables and liquid into a food processor, blend the soup until smooth. You will need to do this in stages.
5) Pour back into the saucepan. Add the rest of the vegetable stock and heat through. Add the chopped fresh herbs and heat gently over a medium heat.
6) Taste the soup – you might like to add more stock if you want the soup to be thinner in texture.