Cybex Pallas G i-Size Child Car Seat, Deep Black
Product code: 31552411
- Suitable from approximately 15 months to 12 years (76-150cm)
- R129-compliant (i-Size ready)
- Isofix compatible
The latest model in an award-winning series, the Pallas G R129 car seat from Cybex provides over ten years of reliable protection. This 2-in-1 seat grows with your child, providing optimum support at each stage in their development.
In their early years, a new and improved impact shield provides superior protection, comfort and freedom of movement and makes getting your child on-board and secure easier than ever. The patented reclining headrest helps to keep your child's head in a protected position when they fall asleep on their journey. The Pallas G R129 is the perfect fit for the years ahead, always ready to protect your loved one.
- More than 10 years of usability: This 2-in-1 seat grows with your little one throughout their childhood—from toddler to pre-teen. Your child is protected by an impact shield until they grow to 21 kg. Then the impact shield is removed and the seat is secured by the vehicle seatbelt, providing reliable protection until they reach a height of 150 cm (approx. 12 years old).
- Over 40% less strain on the neck: The advanced impact shield helps reduce the risk of neck injuries in a frontal collision, with superior performance in this regard when compared to a harness system. In a head-on collision the child rolls forward over the impact shield which acts in a similar way to an airbag, with impact force distributed across its large surface area. This reduces strain on the vulnerable neck and protects the child's head.
- Secures your child in seconds: The integrated adjustable impact shield secures your child easily, quickly and reliably, with research showing that impact shields have a significantly lower error rate than harness systems. This new impact shield features a convenient buckle system — no more leaning over your child or struggling with seat belts. The impact shield's adjustable fit ensures excellent comfort for your grow.
- Prevents the child's head from tipping forward when asleep: The patented 3-position Reclining Headrest helps prevent the child's head from tipping forward while sleeping. The child's head remains in the safety zone of the car seat, allowing it to provide optimum safety especially in the event of a side-impact. The three recline settings also help you find the perfect position to help your child relax and fall asleep.
- Superior integrated side-impact protection:The Linear Side-impact Protection System Plus provides increased safety in the event of a side-impact collision. L.S.P. System Plus reduces the impact forces of a side-impact collision by more than 20% when compared to the same car seat without an L.S.P. System.
- Intuitive and hassle-free for a safe installation: ISOFIX and Top Tether ensure that the car seat can be easily and securely installed. ISOFIX helps you install the seat correctly while the Top Tether provides additional anchorage for increased safety and stability. Both feature visual indicators confirming that the car seat is installed and ready to go.
- Easily adjust the seat to a comfortable sleeping position: The One-hand Seat Recline helps you keep your child happy and comfortable onboard. Whatever the age of your child it's easy to recline the seat so they can have a restful sleep while you're on the road.
- Provides air circulation: The Air Ventilation System allows cooling airflow to circulate through the car seat, preventing heat from building up and helping to provide a comfortable seat temperature even on hot days.
- Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment.
- Find your nearest department store.
Car seats adhere to strict safety regulations and conform to one of the following two types of seats:
- Height-based seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation R129. They must be rear-facing until your child is over 15 months old. Your child can use a forward-facing child car seat when they’re over 15 months old. You must check the seat to make sure it’s suitable for the height of your child. i-Size is an enhancement of R129 that makes it easier to confirm your car seat's compatibility with any i-Size approved vehicle - reducing the risk of installing your car seat incorrectly. While all i-Size car seats meet the R129 testing standards, not every R129 car seat is an i-Size compatible seat.
- Weight-based seats - These seats adhere to the R44.04 car seat regulation. The seat your child can use (and the way they must be restrained in it) depends on their weight.
The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's weight or height depending on the regulation chosen.
Car Seat Age Guide:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
Note: This is a rough guide only - please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved in two or more groups or across various height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.
- Baby & Toddler Safety Type
- Travel Safety
- Booster Seat Type
- High Back
- Car Seat Direction
- Forward Facing
- Care instructions
- Seat covers hand washable - do not tumble dry
- Country of Origin
- H81 x W53 x D40cm
- Drying Instructions
- Flat Dry
- Height Band
- Isofix compatible
- R129 Regulation
- R129 compliant
- Cybex Pallas G
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- 15 months
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat + Isofix Base
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.