Gooch Oriental Stripe Gabbeh Rug, Multi, L236 x W166 cm
Interest Free Credit
Pay £70.83 per month interest-free for 12 months.
Credit subject to status.Find out more
Product code: 64770304
A selection of truly unique and totally individual traditional hand-knotted rugs, this range from Gooch Oriental showcases rugs created by different artisans across town and village locations across the world, including traditional Persian creations. Each piece is carefully selected by the Gooch Oriental team to ensure its authenticity, quality and finish. Each one is knotted by hand, an intricate process using traditional hand knotting techniques. As such, no two pieces are the same, meaning you can add an authentic and unique piece of crafted design into your home, whilst supporting this heritage industry.
Semi plain in design, the Gabbeh rug is as versatile as it is luxurious. Hand woven by Turkoman tribes in the province of Aqchae of Northern Afghanistan and made using 100% hand-spun wool on a cotton warp. The natural wool used creates a unique semi plain pattern, meaning the colours can vary from light to dark natural, grey and cream shades due to the variances in the natural wool. Some include warn dyed shades of the same wool yarn and woven into a striped pattern such as this. The rugs are then transported over to Pakistan where they are expertly finished including washing and trimming.
In 1sqm of Gabbeh rugs there are around 150000+ knots giving it a mid-density pile.
About your new rug
- We recommend John Lewis & Partners Rug Hold Underlay. It prevents your rug from moving underfoot and protects against colour transfer to the floor
- Natural fibres may shed. This will reduce over time, and shouldn’t affect your rug’s lifespan or performance
- When vacuuming your rug, use suction only. Rotating brushes may damage the fibres
- Blot any spills with a clean, dry cloth. Do not rub or use harsh detergents.
- Textile backed
- Backing material
- Gooch Oriental
- L236 x W166 x D1 cm
- 100% wool
- Rug Construction
- Hand knotted
- Stripe, Traditional
Founded in 2003, Gooch Luxury prides itself on creating beautiful, hand-crafted styles, sourcing high-quality materials from all over the world while still staying true to unique and traditional designs.
Driven by quality, each piece is carefully inspected to guarantee the highest standards of authenticity and class. Regularly visiting their suppliers, Gooch Luxury stand for ethical and fair working conditions throughout every stage of a rug's creation.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery by our supplier within 10 days. Where delivery needs to be arranged, you will be contacted to arrange a date and time that's convenient for you.
- Click & Collect
- Not available for this item
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.