Guerlain Samsara Eau de Parfum
It was in China and Tibet that Jean-Paul Guerlain sought the inspiration necessary to create Samsara. Samsara is a Sanskrit word that has its roots in Hinduism. It signifies the cycle of birth and rebirth, the perpetual voyage from one existence to the next, the wheel of life that keeps on turning.
Samsara is an invitation to serenity and harmony, with oneself and with the world. It is a voyage between East and West, Orient and Occident, an homage to the woman who is ever in search of serenity. It is a very sensual version of seduction, for a distinguished, radiant and generous woman who has found harmony and balance, which is notably conveyed through the composition’s raw materials.
Woody oriental harmonious, spellbinding, embracing. Through its very sensual evocation of seduction, Samsara envelops its wearer with a spellbinding predominance of jasmine. Rose, narcissus and ylang-ylang embellish the fragrance, the better to unite it with the radiant and generous warmth of sandalwood. Lastly, iris, Tonka bean and vanilla harmonize and render this remarkable fragrance sublime.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Fragrance Range
- Fragrance Type
- Eau de Parfum
- Scent Information The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Scent Intensity Information The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity Information Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
Guerlain Perfumer, House founded in Paris in 1828.
A heritage of creative audacity and savoir-faire.
House Perfumer Thierry Wasser represents the fifth generation of Guerlain perfumers. He travels the world in search of the most precious raw materials to compose audacious fragrance harmonies.
Makeup maestro Olivier Echaudemaison has the unique talent to create must-have products that reveal each woman’s beauty and complement her personality.
Dr. Frédéric Bonté leads Guerlain’s scientific research, focusing on the best of nature to develop high-performance formulas.
For almost two centuries, Guerlain has been inspired by beauty, excited by the magic of a pencil stroke or the boldness of a new creation. La Petite Robe Noire, L’Homme Idéal, Terracotta, Météorites, Orchidée Impériale and Abeille Royale are all elegant testimony to Guerlain’s passion for beauty.
For almost two centuries, Guerlain products have been made in France, perpetuating rare expertise and savoir-faire. In 2015, Guerlain opened La Ruche (“Beehive”), a new production site for Makeup and Skincare. Combining advanced technology with time-honored traditional craftsmanship, this new facility affirms Guerlain’s commitment to French industry and to social and environmental responsibility.
Each day, Guerlain makes women, all women, more beautiful. The promise of joyful, radiant beauty is an ethos epitomized by an extraordinary place: Maison Guerlain at 68, Champs-Elysées.
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Saturday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy