HP Pavilion 17-f010na Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 17.3", Silver
The Pavilion 17 is HP’s classic, reliable, large screen laptop, perfect for everyday computing. It’s been rigorously tested to ensure it meets the highest standards for reliability and durability. With an Intel Core i5 processor and a sleek design, this laptop matches looks and reliability with superb performance.
With a fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor and a massive 8GB of RAM powering the Pavilion 17, you’ll be able to do what you need to, from browsing the internet to editing photos. The i5 is designed to speed up to handle more intensive tasks, helping you to get things done quicker. Intel's fourth generation processors offer superior battery life and security over previous generations.
A built-in SuperMulti drive will enable you to load CDs and DVDs and backup your important information to disk too.
A comfortable, island-style chiclet keyboard with numeric keypad provides an accurate typing experience and will see you breezing through any financial work you need to perform.
The touchpad supports multi-touch gestures, so you can swipe, tap and scroll through Windows 8.1 with ease. It also includes an on/off button, so you won’t accidentally move the cursor when you’re enjoying your favourite movies.
A massive 1TB hard drive gives you storage for a wealth of photos, music, documents, videos and programs. With this amount of storage, you’ll be able to keep everything in one place.
A bright, vibrant HD screen will make viewing photos and videos a pleasure. The dual speakers with Beats Audio provide rich, unbeatable sound in order to enhance your experience, whether you’re watching a movie or listening to your favourite music.
The Pavilion 17 comes with a huge amount of physical connections. From HDMI and VGA to output to a monitor, projector or television to an Ethernet port for a wired internet connection. It also includes 2 ultrafast USB 3.0 ports and an additional USB 2.0 port for connecting peripherals, such as a mouse or external hard drive, the Pavilion 17 has you covered.
You can also connect to the internet wirelessly, using the built-in Wi-Fi, so you can keep up to date with the latest news whether you’re using your own connection at home, or a public connection with a Wi-Fi hotspot.
HP Connected Music
HP Connected Photo
HP Games by WildTangent
Adobe Shockwave Player
Box (25 GB of free storage)
- Accessories Included
- AC adaptor
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 5 hours 45 minutes
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- CD/DVD Read & Write
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H27.7 x W419.5 x D279 mm
- HD BrightView LED backlit display
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- YES- 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN
- Natural silver
- 4th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 1TB hard drive
- Full-size island-style with numeric keypad
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- J0D61EA #ABU
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD card slot
- Model name / number
- Pavilion 17-f010na
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5-4210U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.7GHz to 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1600 x 900 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 16.1" to 18"
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy