HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-B181SA Sleekbook, AMD A8, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6" Touch Screen, Black
The HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Sleekbook offers thin and light, mobile computing with up to 8 hours battery life and an AMD quad-core processor. Taking control of Windows 8 has never been easier either, thanks to the touch screen. It is ideal for entertainment on the move and has plenty of storage for all your multimedia files.
Powered by the AMD quad-core A8 processor and 8GB RAM, multi-tasking has never been quicker or easier. Switch between applications without a glitch or lag time.
There is plenty of storage on the 1TB hard drive for all the data and multimedia you need with you on the go. It will house hours of video so you can have instant entertainment wherever you are.
The vibrant BrightView HD display is ideal for watching movies and viewing photos. It's a touch screen, too, making it perfect for Windows 8.
A comfortable, island-style chiclet keyboard with numeric keypad provides an accurate typing experience and will see you breezing through any financial work you need to perform.
The touchpad supports multi-touch gestures, so you can use it to swipe, tap and scroll through Windows 8 with ease. It also includes an on/off button, so you won’t accidentally move the cursor when you’re enjoying your favourite movies.
The HP Sleekbook comes with an array of connections including, HDMI, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, Ethernet, multi-memory card reader and laptop lock slot.
Integrated Altec Lansing speakers provide great sound quality to compliment your on screen entertainment, with Dolby Advanced Audio technology keeping everything sounding clear.
HP’s TrueVision High Definition webcam works even in low light conditions with integrated digital microphone. The 720p resolution will give great clarity for video calls.
HP Registration for Windows 8
Getting Started guide with Windows 8
HP Utility Center
HP Recovery Manager (recovery partition, recovery USB/Flash unit creation tool)
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2013 Trial (60 days live update)
Dolby Advanced Audio
HP Connected Music
HP Connected Photo
HP Games powered by WildTangent
HP Connected ePrint
Windows Live Essentials
Buy Office to activate Office 2013 software on this PC
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- HD webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H24 x W386 x D259mm
- Ethernet Port Information Allows a connection to a router via a cable (available separately).
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Dual graphics AMD Radeon HD 7600G
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 2-in-1 SD & MMC card reader
- Model name / number
- 15-B181SA D6W17EA
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- AMD Quad-core A8-4555M
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- AMD A8
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 14.1" to 16"
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Choosing the computer that's right for you