John LewisCarbon Steel Wok, 35cm
Product code: 81341915
Our carbon steel uncoated wok is an essential for every kitchen. Featuring 1.5mm-thick steel, this piece is the perfect tool for making a quick and healthy meal. Also includes a stylish wooden handle and colour sleeve.
Seasoning your wok
1. Heat your wok over a high heat holding the handle, turning and tilting it up to the rim and back, until the metal turns a dark grey/blue colour all round.
2. Remove the wok from the heat and allow it to cool down.
3. Dip a thick pad of kitchen towel into 1 ½ tsp of vegetable oil.
4. Spread the oil so the whole inside surface of the wok is covered in a thin film of oil. You should wear protective gloves and spread the oiled kitchen towel with a heat-proof basting brush, kitchen tongs or chopsticks as the hot oil will soak through the paper.
5. Return the wok to a medium – low heat for about ten minutes until it starts to smoke.
6. Once all the smoke disappears and the wok is dark grey/black in colour it is ready to use.
- John Lewis
- Care instructions
- Hand wash only. Dry immediately
- Cookware Features
- Induction Compatible
- Country of Origin
- Dishwasher Safe
- Induction Compatible
- Carbon steel
- Carbon Steel
- Microwave Safe
- Oven Safe
- Pan Type
- Woks & Stir Fry Pans
When you're part of it, you put your heart into it.
At John Lewis & Partners, we're more than employees - we're owners. That's why we're all called Partners.
And that's why we all go above and beyond to offer quality products and outstanding service to the people that matter most - you, our customers.
Because for us, it's personal.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.