Product code: 81361041
This egg coddler is a simple and healthy way to poach eggs. Crack one or two eggs into the coddler and add the whole vessel into a boiling pot of water for a delicious eggy meal. Find out more below with step by step instructions and hints and tips.
What is a coddled egg?
Similar to a poached egg but with other food ingredients to turn a simple egg into a delicious meal.
How to use your coddler
- Prepare a saucepan of boiling water that goes about two thirds up the side of your coddler when you place it in to the pan.
- Lightly grease the inside and then crack one or two eggs into it. Room temperature eggs cook better than ones directly from the fridge.
- Add other flavours such as cheese, ham, herbs, asparagus or mushrooms on top of the eggs- or simply a little salt and pepper.
- Screw the lid back on to the base – but not too tightly and place carefully into the pan of gently boiling water and cook for between 6 and 9 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the pan by the lifting ring, and holding the base with a towel, gently unscrew the lid and ensure your eggs are cooked as you wish.
Hints and Tips
- Only immerse in boiling water no more than two thirds up the coddler.
- Do not screw the lid on tightly. A loose turn is all that is needed.
- Do not use in a microwave oven.
- The porcelain base can be dishwashed, but we recommend hand washing the lid.
- The lifting ring must never be used for tightening or loosening the lid. Only ever tighten or loosen by turning the metal side of the lid onto or off the base.
- John Lewis & Partners
- Country of Origin
- H10 x Dia.6.5cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Yes - ceramic
When you're part of it, you put your heart into it.
At John Lewis & Partners, we're more than employees - we're owners. That's why we're all called Partners.
And that's why we all go above and beyond to offer quality products and outstanding service to the people that matter most - you, our customers.
Because for us, it's personal.More from John Lewis & Partners
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
- International delivery
- Not available
- Find out how we may still help you
- Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm Thursday
- Collect+ from a local shop from Thursday
- Returning an item
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis and Waitrose Shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy