Product code: 81361041
This egg coddler is a simple and healthy way to poach eggs. Crack one or two eggs into the coddler and add the whole vessel into a boiling pot of water for a delicious eggy meal. Find out more below with step by step instructions and hints and tips.
What is a coddled egg?
Similar to a poached egg but with other food ingredients to turn a simple egg into a delicious meal.
How to use your coddler
- Prepare a saucepan of boiling water that goes about two thirds up the side of your coddler when you place it in to the pan.
- Lightly grease the inside and then crack one or two eggs into it. Room temperature eggs cook better than ones directly from the fridge.
- Add other flavours such as cheese, ham, herbs, asparagus or mushrooms on top of the eggs- or simply a little salt and pepper.
- Screw the lid back on to the base – but not too tightly and place carefully into the pan of gently boiling water and cook for between 6 and 9 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the pan by the lifting ring, and holding the base with a towel, gently unscrew the lid and ensure your eggs are cooked as you wish.
Hints and Tips
- Only immerse in boiling water no more than two thirds up the coddler.
- Do not screw the lid on tightly. A loose turn is all that is needed.
- Do not use in a microwave oven.
- The porcelain base can be dishwashed, but we recommend hand washing the lid.
- The lifting ring must never be used for tightening or loosening the lid. Only ever tighten or loosen by turning the metal side of the lid onto or off the base.
- John Lewis & Partners
- Country of Origin
- H10 x Dia.6.5cm
- Dishwasher Safe
- Yes - ceramic
When you're part of it, you put your heart into it.
At John Lewis & Partners, we're more than employees - we're owners. That's why we're all called Partners.
And that's why we all go above and beyond to offer quality products and outstanding service to the people that matter most - you, our customers.
Because for us, it's personal.More from John Lewis & Partners
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
UK delivery within 5 days, 7.30am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.50.
- Click & Collect
Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches and Booths stores.
Collect your delivery from over 7000 local convenience shops within 3 days.
Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday for collection the next day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
Delivery on the day of your choice, 7.30am - 6pm, 7 days a week. Order by 4pm for delivery the next day.
You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
Named morning delivery by 10.30am, available 7 days a week. Order by 4pm for delivery the next morning.
- International Delivery
Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.