La Perla Peony Blossom Eau de Toilette
Product informationLa Perla Peony Blossom Eau de Toilette radiates with a subtle seduction. It is the essence of a confident and modern woman.
- Top notes: Orange blossom, peach, pear, blackcurrant
- Middle notes: Violet, jasmine, peony
- Base notes: Vanilla, musk, patchoul
- Fragrance Range
- Peony Blossom
- Fragrance Type
- Eau de Toilette
- Scent Information The family or sub-group which this fragrance could be classified under. The four primary fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody and Fresh.
- Scent Intensity Information The intensity or strength of the fragrance. Light – subtle and suitable for everyday wear Moderate - a noticeable but not overpowering signature scent Strong - ideal for those who want to make a bold, confident statement
- Scent Longevity Information Approximately how long the scent remains detectable when worn. Light - up to 2 hours Medium - 2 to 4 hours Long-Lasting - 4 hours +
The fascinating story of La Perla began in a lingerie atelier in Bologna, with Ada Masotti – an artisan trained in the tradition of handcrafted Italian corsetry, which dates back centuries, offering custom-fitted corsets for wealthy women. But why La Perla (‘the pearl’)? Because every creation that Ada presented to her clients was showcased in a case lined in red velvet, as if it were a jewel.
Today, La Perla is also known for swimwear – and for bridal wear, a natural progression for a company with such long links with lace craftsmanship. (To celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2004, La Perla put together a collection made with the airiest Valenciennes lace, produced on the 19th Century looms of Calais, once the centre of the lace-making world.) At the new flagship boutique on Bond Street, luxury lingerie has been taken to a new dimension – with a new made-to-measure service, offering lingerie created from macramé-woven gold thread, even hand-embroidered with the wearer’s initials.
If you say ‘La Perla‘ many of us will nowadays immediately think of exquisite fragrances, too. In 1986, La Perla Parfum – the very first La Perla fragrance – was created, to express the essence of La Perla‘s seductive, luxurious signature through a contemporary chypre scent, with spicy roses, amber, benzoin. As perfume blogger The Non-Blonde commented, ‘It doesn’t really flirt, because there’s no need. A sideways glance is all it takes to mesmerise and draw others in…’ None other than Pierre Dinand – the most celebrated bottle designer in the perfume universe – was enlisted, to create a bottle with a sensuously curving shape that perfectly captured the spirit of La Perla.
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Thursday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy