Product code: 73220201
- An innovative STEM toy that allows children to explore science, technology, engineering and maths, while having fun and developing their creativity and imagination
- Helps develop coding and constructions skills
- Create interactive, robotic models!
- Download the free app and control your creations
- Five models to build - Vernie, the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4), the Guitar4000, Frankie the Cat or the AutoBuilder
- Includes over 840 LEGO pieces, plus a LEGO Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Colour & Distance Sensor
- Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, 2 encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light
- Interactive Motor is an encoded motor
- Colour & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and colour, and can also function as a light
- Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO® BOOST app (available for iOS and Android tablet devices)
- Building instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO® BOOST app
- Includes a LEGO BOOST wall poster!
Build, code and play with the LEGO Boost 17101 Creative Toolbox and take your LEGO building skills and experience to the next level! Learn to code and create models that you can play and interact with!
With this amazing set you can build a number of different robots and creations! As soon as you have finished building one, it’s up to you how long you wait until you rebuild it into something completely different! After you build them, you can control all creations via your tablet with the free downloadable app that also includes digital LEGO Building Instructions for all 5 models, plus cool activities and ideas to spark your imagination.
Let’s take a closer look at what you can build!
There’s Vernie – a moving, walking robot that launches darts from its shoulder mounted shooter! You can talk to Vernie and code its behaviour as well as complete fun activities with the included playmat. Vernie responds when you talk with facial expressions that reflect its current mood.
Vernie can move in all directions at different speeds on its large tracks, see objects and colours, sense distance, grip and carry accessories. Vernie also senses and reacts to impacts and knows when you pick it up.
The M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) is a robust, versatile vehicle with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter! Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customisation attachments to prepare for an array of exciting activities.
The Guitar4000 – Build a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects - learn how to play a song and rock out!
Frankie the Cat - an interactive pet that plays, purrs and isn’t afraid to express its feeling! Be sure to feed it the right food - or it may get upset!
The AutoBuilder - Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models!
You can really bring your creations to life with the app’s interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. The easy-to-use intuitive software features an icon-based drag-and-drop coding interface.
This set also includes a playmat for use with specific activities, and a LEGO BOOST wall poster!
- Vernie the robot stands over 10” (27cm) tall
- M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide
- Guitar4000 measures over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide
- Frankie the Cat stands over 6” (17cm) tall
- The AutoBuilder measures over 10” (27cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide
Compatibility - The BOOST app will only work with the following device specifications:
- Requires iOS 10.3 and newer
- iPad Pro
- iPad air 2
- iPad mini
- iPad 4th generation
While LEGO have tested on selected Android devices, this list won't automatically exclude your device unless it is outside the required minimal specifications.
- Android tablet with Bluetooth low power technology (BlueTooth 4.1 or higher)
- 1 GB ram
- Dual core processor 1.4 ghz
- 8” display or larger
- Android 5.0 or above
- ASUS ZenPad S 8,0"
- Google Pixel C
- HTC Nexus 9
- HTC Nexus 9 (2)
- Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8"
- Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 8"
- Nvidia SHIELD Tablet (LTE)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 nook
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (LTE)
- Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (LTE)(2)
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
- Batteries Included
- Battery Size & Number
- 6 x AAA
- 28.2cm x 54cm x 9.1cm
- Lego Type
- LEGO Boost
- Model name / number
- Number of pieces
- Suitable From
- 7 years
- Not suitable for children under 3 years
Unpackaged weight of the product
The company that was destined to become LEGO started life as being a small workshop that produced wooden toys, run by Ole Kirk Christiansen in 1932. The name ‘LEGO’ was adopted in 1934, coming from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, which means ‘play well’. It wasn’t until 1947 that they started producing plastic toys, with the first version of the now infamous interlocking bricks coming in 1949.
They weren’t quite the bricks that people are used to nowadays, being made from a different material and having a slightly different locking system. It was actually Christiansen’s son Godtfred Kirk that saw the potential for the bricks to become a tool for creative play and in 1958, the modern brick design was born. From this date, despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with previous pieces. So you could have a LEGO set from 1958 and it would still be completely compatible with a modern set.
Since the 1960, thousands of sets have been released covering everything from Aliens to the Wild West. The only area that the company has never tackled directly is military-themed sets, because Ole Kirk set a policy that they must never make war seem like child’s play. The largest ever LEGO set to date is a scale-model of the Taj Mahal, which was made out of 5922 pieces.
The LEGO Group's motto is ‘det bedste er ikke for godt’, which roughly translates to "only the best is the best". Ole Kirk Christiansen came up with this phrase to encourage workers to always produce the highest quality toys possible.
Nowadays, LEGO makes a vast range of toys for all ages, as well as teaching materials for children, which are distributed in over 130 countries. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and is the world's third largest manufacturer of play materials.More from LEGO
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
UK delivery within 5 days, 7.30am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.50.
- Click & Collect
Order by 8pm to collect from John Lewis & Partners, Waitrose & Partners, or selected Booths stores from 2pm the next day. Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.
Collect your delivery from over 7000 local convenience shops within 3 days.
Order before 8pm Sunday - Friday for collection the next day.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
Delivery on the day of your choice, 7.30am - 6pm, 7 days a week. Order by 8pm for delivery the next day.
You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
Named morning delivery by 10.30am, available 7 days a week. Order by 8pm for delivery the next morning.
- Evening Delivery
Named evening delivery 6pm - 10pm, Monday to Friday, including bank holidays. Order by 8pm for delivery the next evening.
- International Delivery
Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.